Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darknessfell32 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2006, 07:12 PM
    *I NEED HELP* severe depression
    I have 15 out of 17 signs of depression from a website, almost every quiz I've taken says I have severe depression or bipolar, I'm an actress naturally so I naturally hide my feelings, and can't help it. I have a lot of trouble, even on IM, saying that I'm not OK, (unless to total strangers like this) my mother is 56, just had knee surgery, and I'm taking care of her like I would have to if I were 30 to 40 (I'm 13) my parents are divorced and my father doesn't love me or want me, in court he said I wasn't his kid, I had percousious puberty at age seven they gave me shots and prolonged it till ten, I've been sexually harassed and molested more times then I can count, I feel like I'm my mother's mother, and I deal with everyone else's problems, I feel like trash because of my ways of coping with these problems, I've cut my wrist five times, once my mother saw and I felt AWFUL for it and even worse, then I thought about suicide, still am, but I have strong will power so either I have the will NOT to do it and won't or will do it, I also have high pain tolerance so that doesn't help, excuse me for venting and running on but I need help and you need to know ALL of the facts to help me, so
    Help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2006, 07:46 PM
    You need professional help, locally, not help from those of us on these online sites. While many mean well, none of us are trained to help you, or even if we are, not able to over online sites.

Talk to your couselor or teacher at school, and they may be able to help you get the professional help you need
    darknessfell32 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2006, 07:49 PM
    That's the problem, my school couselors (excuse my french) a ****, and we have no money to talk to a pyschologist, I'm really sorry, but are there any other suggestions? I'm really sorry.

One more thing, I can't tell my mother or any adult that would tell my mother because I can't put anymore weight on her then what she's baring, it might lead to her suicide or insitutionalizing, which would be bad
    heladoman Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Oct 14, 2006, 11:31 AM
    If you can't afford medical help, talking to a pastor sometimes helps. If he can't help, maybe he knows someone who can, for little, or no cost.
    velvetjones Posts: 78, Reputation: 11

Oct 23, 2006, 06:40 PM
    You may want to try a local free or sliding fee scale clinic and/or contacting your local social services agency for referrals/information. They're not all jerks. It sounds like your mom might need some help too?
    kitkat77774 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 09:43 AM
    You need to get help. Talk to your doctor or school therapist. They will send you in the right direction before this gets worse.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Oct 24, 2006, 09:49 AM
    Wow, I can appreciate the overload you are feeling. Do you live in the US? I ask, Darknessfell, because my suggestion is location-specific.
    YourOnlinePsy Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2009, 12:00 PM
    Hi! I just wanted to offer you some professional help. I am a professional licensed psychologist.I have my own private practice and I work in a mental health clinic as well.
    Online tests are not exactly reliable. There are a lot of extremely inconsiderate and unethical people coming up with tests that have absolutely no scientific support.
    Anyway, if you really feel sad or depressed and you want to do something about it, contact a professional ( a professional clinical psychologist), in person or online.
    I work a lot online, with videoconference, using programs like Skype.
    I do some probono work every month, taking a couple patients and treating them for free.
    Don't worry about what some random test on the internet says.
    You will be fine.
    Kind Regards,
    Maria
    Contact me: >Removed<

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Depression [ 31 Answers ]

I've suffered from depression for 4years and its getting to the stage of not coping! There are many causes of this and seeing a counselor didn't seem to help. Anti-depressants just seem to mask the symptoms, any suggestions? Please help can't cope anymore?

Depression sux [ 17 Answers ]

Okay Ive had some problems since I was a short little monkey. I was really bad off and I thought about killing myself sometimes. I was given zoloft wich I got the doctor to take me off because it made things worse and didn't help so I have not been on any medicine. I have two children now and it is...

Depression? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a best friend who is depressed or I believe is depressed we tell each other prettymuch everything if she talks about depressed things listening to her over and over pretty much the same thing over and over worrying about her and everything in my life make me depressed to :confused:

Depression or What? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been sad for almost a year or so. I don't know if that calls "depression". I cry very often, and I hate seeing people around. When I think of my family and my friend (if I even have one), I'll be very disappointed. Everyone in my family is married except me and my second whom already had a...

Depression [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently been dumped by my longterm partner and have been seriously depressed since. I cannot manage to eat hardly anything, I'm tetchy, irritable, have difficulty sleeping, have nightmares when I do sleep, can't get up in the morning, and I have times when I can only cry, I usually end up...

View more questions Search