Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spiralbound Posts: 49, Reputation: 0

Jun 28, 2009, 01:11 PM
    Need a pshycologist right now.
    How do I see a physiologist right this second. I am willing to pay up to $1000 in cash to see a psychologist for an hour in a few hours of posting this. Right now I am short of a mental breakdown that could damage me for the rest of my life. I will accept a standard hospital mental health doctor and I WILL NOT do it over the phone. So can someone help me, I've tried all the numbers listed and non of them are accepting new patients. Is there a way to persuade them or something.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2009, 02:22 PM

Call the suicide hotline in your area.

EDIT: I notice from past posts that you have been having problems since March. Now that you have decided it's time to get help, you should probably move quickly.

Also agree with Wondergirl - find SOMEONE to see you and give up on hobbies and herbals as some sort of "cure."
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 28, 2009, 02:32 PM

Often a master's level therapist or counselor has a lot more on the ball than does a psychologist. Call those in your area. I bet you can get an appointment for first thing Monday morning, or even as an emergency thing this evening. Best wishes from one of them.

Jun 28, 2009, 02:37 PM

Week days are a no go for me, suicide hot line is a stupid idea, I am not suicidal.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 28, 2009, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralbound View Post
    Week days are a no go for me, suicide hot line is a stupid idea, I am not suicidal.
    Did you call to get an emergency appointment for tonight?

You don't have nervous breakdowns on weekdays?

A suicide hotline isn't just for potential suicides, but is also for people in desperate need of emergency care.
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2009, 06:10 PM

I've read through ALL of your past posts. You have been having difficulties for months. I don't see that these difficulties only exist on weekends (from the dates of your postings).

In March 2009 you had no money to see a Physician of any sort and also couldn't go on medication because of your military career. Now you are willing to pay $1,000 cash to avoid a mental breakdown.

You need to talk to someone - a suicide hotline or someone in some other place if you have a better idea.

I don't think you're in a position to decide which ideas are stupid and which are not - as I recall, you thought herbals and bingo (or some similar) activity would be helpful. They apparently weren't.

If you can only seek mental health treatment on weekends I see a problem scheduling an appointment with someone.

You need to get off this Board and seek help.

Jun 30, 2009, 12:04 AM

So I've been saving my money for stuff, and now I have some cash I have about $1600 to my name right now. The only way I would pay that much in cash is if I was guaranteed my name wold never be recorded and no one ever knew I saw a doctor. Also calling the suicide hotline is a stupid idea because the army would find out about it and yes my career in the army is more important than my mental health. If I loose my career in the army or I am in any way no longer eligible for promotion then who knows what. The only reason I am on the internet doing this in the fist place is anonymity, otherwise I would just stand on top of a building and wait for the ambulance to come get me.

I came here for ideas and I alone can decide if one is stupid or not. No I never thought herbals were helpful never even took any, don't know where you got that information from. Who said anything about BINGO... seriously I think you have more problems than I do.
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 06:00 AM

First, it wasn't bingo. It was bowling. Apparently that didn't help you when you lost interest in collecting cards. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...-331514-2.html

Do you honestly think you are fit to serve in the Armed Forces with your mental health problems? Sooner or later someone is going to realize you are troubled. Of course, with any luck you will get a pension if you serve and are dismissed.

As far as not having your name "recorded," I don't think you are going to find a Doctor who will treat you anonymously.

Am I more troubled than you are? Probably not because I'm not on the Board on a monthly basis posting mental health questions.

Yu have been posting about your difficulties for months and then arguing when people try to help you - maybe it's time for you to seek some counselling because things only seem to be getting worse for you.
    Lesko04 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jun 30, 2009, 06:21 AM

Where do you live? Most cities have a Mobile Crisis Unit? You can go to your local hospital, if they have a Mental Health Floor, most larger facilities do. If you live in a rural area, get someone to take you the city, check yourself in for the mandatory 72 hr hold time. If you live in Michigan I can give you some names of facilities, if not, call a Psychiatrist from the phone book, his receptionist will know where they are in your area. If you think your going to hurt yourself call 911, the police will know right where to take you, please do it before it's to late. Mental therapy can be the best thing you can do for yourself. Let someone help you as soon as possible.
    Lesko04 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jun 30, 2009, 06:31 AM
    If your still active in the Military you can't use your health insurance, and all sessions are private. HIPPA does not allow them to be recorded. Confidentiality and privacy are their main concern. HIPAA mandates the rules for all health care providers. Therapy doesn't cost as much as you suggested. I work in a Mental Health Facility, private pay (no insurance or in your case not wanting to use it) is 105.00 for the 1st visit, and 35.00 to 50.00 for each subsequent visit. We also have a Community Health Facility that provides care for those without insurance or money to pay fees. If you have the ability to reason to yourself you need help then by all means get it. It's out there. Sometimes we all just need a ear to hear our problems and fears, and if it's really bad and you could be a danger to yourself or others get off this computer and seek help immediately.
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesko04 View Post
    If your still active in the Military you can't use your health insurance, and all sessions are private. HIPPA does not allow them to be recorded. confidentiality and privacy are their main concern. HIPAA mandates the rules for all health care providers. Therapy doesn't cost as much as you suggested. I work in a Mental Health Facility, private pay (no insurance or in your case not wanting to use it) is 105.00 for the 1st visit, and 35.00 to 50.00 for each subsequent visit. We also have a Community Health Facility that provides care for those without insurance or money to pay fees. If you have the ability to reason to yourself you need help then by all means get it. It's out there. Sometimes we all just need a ear to hear our problems and fears, and if it's really bad and you could be a danger to yourself or others get off this computer and seek help immediately.

I agree with what you have said but if you read through the past posts as well as this thread you will see that the OP's concern is for his privacy, that no one knows he is seeking treatment. He seems to believe that paying cash will prevent any record of his visit.

When he enters the Armed Forces he will be compelled to disclose ALL health care visits, including mental health care.

Jul 1, 2009, 01:51 PM

I am already active duty, I am required by law to disclose all hospital visits but that doesn't mean I will.

As for your other comments I am an officer, I am competent in any task assigned to me. My mental health DOES NOT effect my decision making in the field and I know for a fact I am better for this country than most other officers serving in the Armed Forces. This is not your place to question my ability to do my job, and for that very reason I must seek anonymous mental health care so I am protected from people such as yourself who can't see past the piece of paper in front of them.

At no time did I EVER give any indication that I was or was attempting to hurt myself in any way whatsoever. Stop reading between the lines and assuming that I have done things such as bowling... If you can read one thing in there that said I stopped collecting cards and took up bowling then I give a thousand apologies to you. Just because I am bored with life doesn't mean I don't have a reason to live.

Obviously no one who has given input so far has any good ideas of how to get around the system. I am a resourceful person and I will look elsewhere. Stop assuming I have to do what the law says just because it's written on a piece of paper. Laws are written to keep the idiots in line and guide the wise.
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 02:05 PM
    I am already active duty, I am required by law to disclose all hospital visits but that doesn't mean I will.

As for your other comments I am an officer, I am competent in any task assigned to me. My mental health DOES NOT effect my decision making in the field and I know for a fact I am better for this country than most other officers serving in the Armed Forces. This is not your place to question my ability to do my job, and for that very reason I must seek anonymous mental health care so I am protected from people such as yourself who can't see past the piece of paper in front of them.

At no time did I EVER give any indication that I was or was attempting to hurt myself in any way whatsoever. Stop reading between the lines and assuming that I have done things such as bowling.... If you can read one thing in there that said I stoped collecting cards and took up bowling then I give a thousand apologies to you. Just because I am bored with life doesn't mean I don't have a reason to live.

Obviously no one who has given input so far has any good ideas of how to get around the system. I am a resourceful person and I will look elsewhere. Stop assuming I have to do what the law says just because it's written on a piece of paper. Laws are written to keep the idiots in line and guide the wise.

Interesting that an Officer in the Military who is "better for this country than most other officers ..." (one of whom I actually date, by the way) feels that "laws are written to keep the idiots in line and guide the wise" and that he doesn't feel he has to do what the law says just because it's written on a piece of paper.

And don't assume you are anonymous - the US Government wants to know who you are, they will find you through your postings.

Otherwise - yes, no one has and apparently does understand your mental health problems and your inconsistent postings and so it is probaby better that you go elsewhere for help.

As a side note I find it unusual that you are 20 years old, a College student and an Officer in the Military - what rank? What branch? To quote you: [I]"Well this blah period has been going on for about 5 years. I don't get the St. John's Wort thing either. People don't find me to be very likable. Every now and then I get a few friends but it doesn't last very long, soon they stop calling and I got to look again. As for helping the elderly, you I don't know, I really don't have time during the day, I am up at 6am everyday and go to bed at 10pm (except for now because its spring break). I have classes on and off during the whole day, so I only have a few hours at a time to do anything. On weekends I work 12 hours a day to pay off my credit card. [/I] https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...ml#post1615568

When do you have time to be an Officer? I wasn't aware that Officers have the ability to work other jobs 12 hours a day on weekends.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 1, 2009, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    When do you have time to be an Officer? I wasn't aware that Officers have the ability to work other jobs 12 hours a day on weekends.
    Talk about rich fantasy life!! I can't wait to share this with my creative writers' group tomorrow night!
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Talk about rich fantasy life!!!! I can't wait to share this with my creative writers' group tomorrow night!

No one in your group will believe it.

Read some of the other posts. There are some real problems at play here.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 06:31 PM

Looks like what do you call those people that lie on top of lies? What is that word I am thinking of. Can not stop lying.

As far as you thinking that there are a lot of stupid ideas here, I do not really think you want help or you would have stopped with all the excuses and got help long time ago.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 1, 2009, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76 View Post
    Looks like what do you call those people that lie on top of lies? What is that word I am thinking of. Can not stop lying.
    Serial liar? Pathological liar?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    serial liar? pathological liar?
    Thank you, Pathological liar... Is what I was looking for.
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

Jul 2, 2009, 05:45 AM
    So I've been saving my money for stuff, and now i have some cash I have about $1600 to my name right now. The only way i would pay that much in cash is if I was guaranteed my name wold never be recorded and no one ever knew I saw a doctor. Aslo calling the suicide hotline is a stupid idea because the army would find out about it and yes my career in the army is more important than my mental health. If I loose my career in the army or I am in any way no longer eligible for promotion then who knows what. The only reason I am on the internet doing this in the fist place is anonymity, otherwise I would just stand on top of a building and wait for the ambulance to come get me.

I came here for ideas and I alone can decide if one is stupid or not. No I never thought herbals were helpful never even took any, don't know where you got that information from. Who said anything about BINGO... seriously I think you have more problems than I do.

But if you loose your mental health, you will lose your career in the army anyway! Health HAS to come first. Seriously follow everybodys advice, they are all trying to help you.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2009, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritcharms View Post
    but if you loose your mental health, you will lose your career in the army anyway! health HAS to come first. Seriously follow everybodys advice, they are all trying to help you.

Did you read the thread? He isn't in the Army. He's a college student.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search