Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dalgraybeal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2009, 09:21 AM
    Finding trucking jobs when you don't live in there hiring area
    Hello,I was recently laid off from my job. I am trying to land a job as a truck driver with no success. It seems that everyone I contact is not hiring in my area.I live in Florida. My question is. Is it possible to live in one place and get hired by a trucking comp. hiring in another place? For instance I live in Florida if there is a company that is hiring drivers in Texas is it possible to use a Texas address to get hired? If so can you request your hometime wherever you want it to be?
    mazak Posts: 148, Reputation: 5

Jun 28, 2009, 09:30 AM

Here might be a start,good luck.

JBHunt.jobs - Home Page
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jun 29, 2009, 07:11 AM

Here are some companies hiring out of Florida:

Florida Trucking Jobs | Florida Truck Driving Jobs | Florida Truck Driver Jobs

Florida Trucking Companies | FL Truck Jobs

Here are some national driver search engines:

Trucking companies hiring trucking jobs: Truck driving jobs available here at BubbaJunk.Com

Trucking Jobs | Truck Driving Jobs at TruckFLIX

Trucking Job Search for Truckers - ClassADrivers

These are job searchs for truck drivers. You do not have to say you live where you do not. Many trucking companies will hire out of state and even pay for you to go to their terminal to train and to pick up your truck.

There are a lot of jobs out there and once you get established should you wish to change there are a lot of companies needing drivers.

Also you can look locally for local jobs at paving companies and construction companies wishing experienced drivers wanting to drive gravel trucks.

Shirley
    SparcoT Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 03:44 PM
    More job search websites for <a href="http://www.nationaltruckdrivingjobs.com">truck driving jobs</a> .

In addition to the sites above you may to go right to a couple of these carriers. Last I checked they were still hiring:

Con-Way Trucking Jobs- For Sure Still Hiring In Florida as of 12/22

CR England <a href="http://www.crengland.com">Trucking jobs</a>

CRST Trucking Jobs - They were advertising in Southern California

These companies all hire out of state. Training should be available at all three.
    SparcoT Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 03:46 PM

-Forgot the live links-
    More job search websites for truck driving jobs .

In addition to the sites above you may want to go right to a couple of these carriers. Last I checked they were still hiring:

Con-Way Trucking Jobs- For Sure Still Hiring In Florida as of 12/22

CR England Trucking jobs

CRST Trucking Jobs - They were advertising in Southern California

These companies all hire out of state. Training should be available at all three.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for trucking companies hiring someone with felony [ 4 Answers ]

Unfortunately I have several felonies and I am trying to find a job in the trucking industry! Will anybody's website direct me straight to a list of trucking companies that will hire me, instead of directing me to a bunch of their sponser's advertisements?

Trucking Jobs for Felons [ 19 Answers ]

I need to know if there are any trucking companies that will hire a felon? (I have my CDL with all endorsements except HazMat. Recently graduated from an 18 week Truck Driving School)

Trucking jobs [ 1 Answers ]

I have a preventable that I'm in the process of fighting in court. Is there a trucking company that will hire me anyway? Other than that my record is clean

View more questions Search