Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    longshoal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2009, 07:03 AM
    Mobile Home Title
    MOBILE HOME TITLE - I bought a 1999 repo mobile home in 2002. I never had it set up to live in until 2004. Silly me never sent the title in ( I paid cash for the home) and now I cannot find the title. I have also never listed it so there is no county tax record. I now need to sell the home - is it possible for me to obtain a duplicate title, and if so, how do I go about doing it? I live in North Carolina. Thanks in advance for any advice.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2009, 07:12 AM

I do believe you would send for a duplicate from the DMV.
    georgia.gov - Driving in Georgia
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2009, 05:10 PM

You should go down to the DMV with the S/N of the house off the ID plate on the outside of the home. You will also have to register this home with the county and then pay whatever taxes are owed on the home prior to sale. Explain to the folks at the DMV your dilemma and follow their instructions. You may have to recontact the party that sold you the home as well for paperwork verification of the sale of the home unless you have a bill of sale showing the S/N of the home and the amount paid for the home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Title to mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

A man has a used mobile home for sale and I am interested in buying it for my parents. He says he has no title. What can I do to get a title if I do buy it?

How do I get Title of Mobile Home [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was given free of charge an abandoned mobile home in holiday mobile home park by the manager of this park. I was told that after paper work was done on it I would be given title to transfer. When I asked the manager about the title last week she told me she had 32 others she was working on...

Mobile Home Title [ 3 Answers ]

I lost my mobile home title during Katrina (I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast). The lien holder said they don't have it anymore because they sent it to me. How do I get a copy of it?

Title to mobile home and title to land is separate can it be sold on one deed [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into the country in a mobile home and started renting then a year later we decided to purchase the land and mobile home on contract. We have paid taxes and insurance on it. 2 years later we find the person selling it to us does not have the title to mobile home just to land. Does he have...

Mobile home title [ 4 Answers ]

My husband was given a mobile home for payment of services and was given power of attorney over it. Eight years later... we are currently living and renovating it and I was wondering how we get a clear title for it?

View more questions Search