Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myself4 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2009, 11:09 PM
    How exactly, services like "Orbitz" work
    I've been trying to find cheap hotel rates through all of these "cheap hotel " websites and all I'm finding are pretty much actual prices. Am I not searching far enough, something I'm not seeing or what is the deal? I guess on one of them I could make an offer, and they'd reply as to whether that was accepted or not, yet it may not have been for the hotel of my choosing. I just don't get it and I'm losing my patience. Thank you so much for any help.:confused::)
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2009, 05:25 AM

I find pretty much the same thing. I usually do at least as well by going to the companies' own web sites and booking from there. You can get better rates through Priceline by "making an offer", but you're right -- it might not be what you want. If you buy some sort of "package deal", you'll find that the overall rate is pretty good.

I've also found that hotel chains are having trouble in this economy, so off-season rates have been very good. I suspect you're seeing the "on-season" rates since the season has just started. If it turns out to be a bad season, you might find the rates coming down.

Orbitz gets a fee from you and/or the hotel chain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Central heater will not work on "auto" and blows cool air when on "man" [ 2 Answers ]

OK my central heater blower will not come on at all when on auto, and when on manual/on it just blows cool air out of vents. I was told to put a jumper wire on (w) to (g)wires at the thermostat, (I think) to check it, but not sure exactly. Is that the thermostat on wall or what? The pilot light is...

Grammar: "Work with Ceramic" or "Work with Ceramics?" [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Everyone, I have a quick question regarding English grammar. In a sentence, should it be "work with ceramic" or "work with ceramics?" For example, the sentence is "I would like to draw, paint, and work with ceramic(s)." Which is the correct one? Thank you, Victor Ly

Windows xp" Help and Support Services" not found [ 1 Answers ]

On clicking Help and Support in startup menu an error messege appears"Windows cannot find 'helpctr.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try again.To search for a file,click the Start button, and then click Search."I searched and found the files at...

View more questions Search