Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 08:01 PM
    Tapping off a 240V line
    I am removing a double oven with a 240V breaker. I will be replacing it with just a single oven but would like to build in a Microwave below it. Can I put in a junction box and then pull a 120V line off on 1 leg and a neutral? The microwave would pull a lot less than the 2nd oven. Thanks
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2009, 08:35 PM
    The single oven needs a dedicated circuit... so NO, you can't do it. And the microwave should be on it's own circuit as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting new 220V line & tapping off a 110V outlet. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 220V outlet on the outside of my garage, originally intended to power 220v compressors, welders, etc. I am installing a well not far from this outlet, which needs 220V and I want to run a line from the outlet (underground) line to the pump. How do I do the connections to the pump and can I...

Splicing into 240v line [ 8 Answers ]

I would like to wire an electric baseboard heater and 4 can lights on the same 15 amp circuit. The total load would be about 140 watts under the 80% allowed for the circuit. The heater, which will require 1000 watts, requires 240v hookup. So my question is this, can I safely spice into the 240...

240v heat & 120 outlet on same line? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi - I have a 240v convection heater with no 120v features (fan, timer etc). I have a dedicated run of 12/3 wg available. Is there any way to use that spare 3rd wire to provide a couple 120 v outlets? Thanks, Taylorsk

Tapping into Septic Line [ 2 Answers ]

I have just added a new shower to an existing bathroom with just a toilet. I would like to tap the shower drainage line into the toilet line that is running out of the house into our septic tank. I have never tapped into an active line. Advice on what tools, and techniques should be used to tap...

Tapping a gas line [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to tap into a gas line to tee off for another appliance? Two story house with the main living area upstairs. Garage is under the front half of the house, which is the living room and kitchen. Here's why I ask. My main gas line (3/4" black iron) travels across my garage ceiling...

View more questions Search