Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fulltilt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 11:57 PM
    Abusive marriage and having sexual relaship with my sister
    Background I have been married to him for 24 yrs. He started having affair w/my sister within the 1st year. I tried to tell my mther but she would not believe it I have always have felt something different between us including my sis e is so many factors... my mom is no deceiesed I tried to let my father know something is up but he will not go for it either will my closest sister. My father has money and the "one" is living with my dad at this time my so called husband try to manipulate me I know and feel they are after it all . I am disabled and he has taken all from me tries to keep control of me I do not know where to turn they are going to kill me I need help despertely. Plese sombody help me to get rid of this in my life and my sister they have been in love since the 1st year we got married I know it and nobody believess me and I do not know were to turn he abuses me all the time and tells me to just kill myself I am so scared I do not know where to turn to get the help and support I need... please somebody before he kills me or her at this momment and time I know they are together and there is nothing I can do about it he has just lost his job so there you go and he had my car tolled so I do not have a car how can I still have feelings for such a mfuer
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 07:46 AM

Are there any women's abuse shelters where you live? You may not think there are because they don't exactly advertise to keep a low profile. I would really check around different social programs to find out what is available.
    If you can't find a women's shelter check with the Salvation Army because they are really good at hooking people up with the help they need.
    Just because people don't believe you shouldn't hold you back from doing what you need to do. This sounds like one of those hind sight being 20/20 and it would have been better if you left 24 yrs ago but hopefully you can get out asap.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 29, 2009, 03:30 PM

You need to just leave now, and should have been gone. The best advice you can get is from a lawyer.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 29, 2009, 08:43 PM
    May I ask what is the nature of your disability, and, are you saying he's had an ongoing affair for 23 years with your sister?

I find that hard to believe that nobody would notice that. Why are you so sure that they are having an affair, or had an affair.

Are you isolated from friends, and all family? When you bring up your fears to your closest sister, what does she tell you. Has anyone ever offered to help you?

Does your husband physically abuse you, emotionally abuse you?

Do you have children?

Why do you think they are trying to kill you, have they indicated that, threatened you?

Have you called the police? Seen a lawyer? Talked to your Doctor?

It is unclear to me if they are taking advantage of you because of your disability, and you are unable to defend, or fend, for yourself.

If you could provide a little more information, it would be most helpful. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abusive Marriage? [ 6 Answers ]

My name's brittany. I'm 21-years old, and am married. My husband is 29-years old and abusive. I want to get out of the marriage but don't know how. Can someone give me some advice?:confused:

Abusive Marriage [ 3 Answers ]

I've been married to my husband for 15 years. He is verbally, emotionally, psychologically and sometimes physically abusive. He belittle's me, calls me names, degrades me, yells at me, criticizes me and is a very negative person. He has pushed me, shoved me, throws things and has thrown water in...

Abusive Marriage [ 12 Answers ]

I have been married for 18yrs. We have three teens ages 18, 17, and 15. I know the children love me but my husband teaches the children to disrespect me disobey me, he says that he's a christian and because I want obey him he will never give me a divorce and will not ever teach the children to love...

How do I cope with a Verbally abusive sister-in-law? [ 2 Answers ]

My brother and my sister-in-law have been married 40 years. In all those years I have been subject to my sister-in-laws hurtful critisims of me. I have for the most part tried to ignore her mean words. But recently it became too much and I finally told her to knock it off. Now---- She's...

Leaving Abusive Marriage. [ 3 Answers ]

I need to leave my abuser- problem is we live in an apartment in Texas.. both names are on lease but all utilites are in my name... what are my rights. I know I can have utilities shut off but what happens when I leave regarding lease. He will not let me work to pay my debts... I'm moving to...

View more questions Search