Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    venkatbathina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 11:35 PM
    Basement sewer injector pump
    Hi Experts,
    Our sewer pump is not pumping water out, its starts make some noise for few second and electric fuse drips. Could some one suggest what can I do or whom should I contact? The plumbing looks fine to me should I contact an electrician to fix the motor?
    Thanks,
    Venkat
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 27, 2009, 03:36 AM

No, call a plumber to replace pump.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 27, 2009, 06:11 AM

Agree with Harold. You most likely have pump that developed a short. Replace it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gurgling in sink above basement sewer pump [ 5 Answers ]

I have a sewer pump in basement in which half bath and washer empty into. When sewer pump ejects there is a gurgling sound coming from kitchen sink directly above on first floor. Any idea what causes this?

Smell in basement from injector pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a full bath in my walkout basement that is hooked up to an injector pump. I know nothing about this device... but it smells. The whole basement smells like a cross between musty old socks and sewage! What is causing this problem and what can be done? Thanks- Sandy

Sewer Injector Pump [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone; I have no clue about plumbing but here is my problem anyway. I had a plumber to come to my home because I have a sump pump and another black box sit beside my sump pump. I have no clue what the black box is, however when we wash clothes, water comes out of the black box from the...

Injector Pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have an upstairs bathroom and one in the basement. I just had an injector pump installed in the basement as we have a septic system. Twice now I was washing cloths and after the third load the pump went on to drain at the same time and there was an explosion of water where the washing machine...

Toilet w Injector pump ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi-I had a powder room installed in an addition w a toilet w an injector pump. Initially it caused backflow into basement sink. A plumber added a check valve under bsmt sink and corrected this problem. But secondary issue is that when flushed a few times the Kitchen sink-located on main floor as is...

View more questions Search