Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbudmike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 10:32 AM
    Dog urinating in sleep
    My dog urinates in her sleep only. How can I get her to stop?
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 10:47 AM

How old is she?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 11:12 AM

Do you take her for a good walk before bed?

Try removing her water dish for an hour before bed time, then a good long walk to make sure she has a chance to go.

If this is something new then a trip to the vet may be in order, just in case it's a bladder infection or something else.

Good luck.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 03:51 AM

I agree with Alty about getting checked out by a vet for bldder infections...

However, I have a poodle who has a weak bladder.
    When she is asleep or drifting off to sleep she leaks urine.

She has been to the vet and there is not much than can be done, my vet told me about tablets that can help but they have a lot of side effects so I have chosen not to use them.

Does she leak urine all the time or only when she is sleeping?
    I cannot remember what the condition is called but if it is constant leaking then it can be corrected with surgery.

You can use doggy diapers or what I do is just get puppy training pads and place one over her blanket of a night.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Urinating during sleep [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 2 year old German Shorthair Pointer, spayed. She's high energy and can go for hours without rest. Every now and then she urinates while sleeping. She has been checked for UTI. What should be do next?

4 mth old kitten urinating in other kitty sleep spot [ 5 Answers ]

Thanksgiving weekend my daughter got a 7 week old kitten. On Jan 7th he was neutered and has been acting fine until about a week ago he started urinating on my down comforter in the spot where my kitty sleeps each night, which incidentally, is basically right under my chin. Apparently, its...

Female Dog Urinating in Sleep [ 2 Answers ]

My 6 year old mixed breed is urinating in her sleep. She does this in streaks. Why and when should I see a vet?

When to take dog to vet for urinating in sleep [ 7 Answers ]

I have a well trained 6 year old brittany spaniel that is fixed. We recently got back from being out of town and she fell asleep early with my husband in bed. She wet the bed while sleeping. I know that this is a behavior that could notify us of a health problem, but is one time enough to warrant a...

Dog urinating in her sleep [ 2 Answers ]

Lately our dog has been urinating in her sleep. She is a very well trained 5 year old, and this seems to be a new problem. What could be causing her to do this?

View more questions Search