Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GlassFlower Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2009, 01:02 AM
    Business or Calling Card Collecting / Collection - Could these be real?
    I was at a local antique shop and found this framed collection of business cards and calling cards. I am not familiar with this hobby of card collecting at all.

I have done some minor internet research and have found that all these famous women in history actually held these positions/titles, but could any of these cards possibly be real? And if so, I'd love to have some idea of the value. Would they be worth anything even if they were not originals?

I just thought the collection was awesome either way...

Thanks for all you rhelp and I'm looking forward to your answers!
    Attached Images

tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 02:22 AM

I think you have a winner there, sweety, what a great find ! I have no double they are real, why would anyone have done that collecting if this weren't. I guess this was in the shop because the family member didn't realize how valuable it would ever be. I guess you would have to authenticate them by taking them out of the frame and examining each one. If some are embossed then I would assume they are real. Go on Google and enter names to see if some of these women (with the exception of famous ones) ever held these posts.

I have no idea where you would start.

Tick
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 08:59 AM

I have doubts they are real, the Amelia Earhart one would be at least 80 years old by now and looks to be in much too perfect condition to be that old. I won't say it's impossible but unlikely.

Also I don't know if Helen Keller was ever part of the American Foundation for the Blind, she raised funds for that organization but from what I've read (which I will admit is not alot) I don't know that she was ever on the board of that foundation so why would she have a business card?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassFlower View Post
    Thanks for all you rhelp and I'm looking forward to your answers!
    Hello Glass:

Hire a professional appraiser. Then hire another one.

excon
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 12:11 AM

Hi, GlassFlower!

Although the cards appear to be real, they are too perfect to be representative to be actual ones that those women throughout fairly recent history used.

My take on them, is that someone made them as a tribute to what those women did.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to start a calling card / phone card business? [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to start a calling card / phone card business with little capital. If anybody knows how to do this please advise me. Any advice welcome.

International Calling Card Business [ 3 Answers ]

How do I start an international calling card business where clients in the Caribbean will purchase calling cards in US dollars to call the U.S. and Canada?

Calling Card Business [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to start a calling card business? Can anyone help me?

How do I start a calling card business [ 4 Answers ]

I am very much interested in the international calling card business, but have no idea what steps to take to start that, is there anyone that can help me.

View more questions Search