sunjaee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2009, 08:19 PM
    How do I answer a summons?

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2009, 11:45 PM

Hi again, Angela!

As I mentioned in Introductions, I've moved your question to a more appropriate forum topic area.

What is the summons for, please? Knowing that will be helpful to those of use who come along to address your question.

Thanks!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sunjaee View Post

Depends on what Court - some Courts will accept letters (Small Claims, primarily) and others (usually superior Courts) require exact formats and exact language.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I answer a summons? [ 1 Answers ]

I received a summons here in New Mexico.I am having a financial problem so we decided to call AFS to help us with our dept, that is last Feb or March. Now I received this summons and I don't know what to do. I don't know how to answer the summons.And don't know what to do with it. Do I just answer...

How to answer a civil summons [ 1 Answers ]

My sister, who is 79 yrs old received a civil summons stating she owed a credit card company approx. $5,000. She has no knowledge of this company and this debt. And even if she did, she could not possibly pay any money living on a fixed income of ssi. Please tell me how to answer the summons for...

How do I answer a summons from a CA? [ 4 Answers ]

Brand new to this forum. Ran out of advice on another forum and still looking for answers. I was served with a summons from a local lawyer last Thrus. I have until 7/19/07 to file my answer. I'm not sure if it was issued legally or not. I sent them a validation of debt letter well within...

Failure to answer summons [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a car and financed it through a credit union. Was in an accident with no insurance, and was unable to pay for the car. I was served a summons because they are now suing me for the money for the car, but was unable to answer it. I have no defense against owing them the money. So now they...

View more questions Search