Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allamegurl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2009, 05:19 PM
    Does an Irregular period = no baby?
    My periods are very irregular. In Feb. 08 I had a miscarriage thats when I found out I had endometriosis my doctor put me on the lupron shot which stopped my period for a year. I went back to the doctor because I didn't have a period and i was only on the lupron shot for 6 months well he put me on birth control to start my period and hoping it would kickstart my cycle.. well at the end of that one month cycle of birth control i had a really heavy period and that was it until the early part of june. which as only been spotting and its still going on... i want to have a baby but the way my cycle is going i have no clue what will happen. I was wondering if i can still get pregnant? does anyone have any advice on what to do....
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 03:44 AM

If you are ovulating, you can still get pregnant. That would be something to have your doctor check for. With an irregular cycle you may or may not be ovulating on a regular basis.
    You may need to be using the pill for awhile longer to see if it will regulate your cycle... or your doctor may want to try a different approach. Regular periods, however, do not necessarily mean you are ovulating each cycle... so that would still need to be determined, and if you aren't, other options would need to be discussed.
    angieandjohn Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 09:25 PM

I've had an irregular period for 10+ years, getting healthier was the only thing that seemed to help me get pregnant, and not trying :P Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular periods trying for a baby [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a bit confused!! I'm 20 and I have a 3 and a half yeah old daughter. I've always had a reggular 28 day cycle. Well this was up until 7 months ago, now my cycle can be anything for 30 to 40 days, me and my partner have been trying for another baby for the past 6 months. My doctor wants me to go...

Irregular period, recently had baby [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 3 month old baby. I got my period back when he was 2 months old (even though I'm exclusively nursing). That first period lasted 14 days then stopped for 4-5, then I had more bleeding for another 2 days before it stopped. Then on day 28 of my cycle I had some spotting. Thought my period...

Having a baby with an irregular period [ 1 Answers ]

I had an abortion 8 months ago and I never went in for a follow up. Ever since my periods are irregular , I haven't had a period n 3 months. Im trying to conceive, will I be able to have a baby?

Irregular Heartbeat in unborn baby [ 7 Answers ]

I am days away from hitting the 30 weeks mark, and at my last doctor's appointment which was days ago. The mid-wife was listening to the babies heartbeat and she heard a flutter sound every other heartbeat. After consulting the doctor they decided to send me to a high risk doctor at Winnie Palmer...

Irregular period [ 1 Answers ]

My periods have been normal up until about 7 months ago. I did not rag nov,dec,jan, then I ragged in feb the normal week. Then I did not rag again in mar and apr, I'am now ragging this month and its been a little over a week and heavy. Should I be worried? :confused:

View more questions Search