Who was she and what happened to her
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 01:25 PM

Rest in peace...
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jun 25, 2009, 01:44 PM

One of the bravest, strongest women of our time. She will be mourned by an entire country. Hopefully she continues to make a difference in the health care system.

Farrah fawcett was one of the original charlie's angels. She was diagnosed with anal cancer in 2006 and fought it almost continuously, using every treatment possible(including takig trips to germany for treatments that aren't available in the usa), since then. She died this morning at the age of 62.

There's a documentary about her fight against cancer that was put together by her and her friends and family. It's compiled almost entirely of home videos, voice overs done by her and her loved ones, and interviews with the people closest to her. It's well worth watching, and one of the most powerful documentaries I have ever seen.

I can't find it online. If anyone does, could you post a link?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2009, 01:58 PM

Here's a bit:

Farrah Fawcett Documentary Farrah's Story (Part 1) - iViewTube.com)
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jun 25, 2009, 02:56 PM
    I grew up watching Charlie's Angels and I thought her performance in the true story "The Burning Bed" was fantastic. I think every guy over 25 fondly remembers watching her when we were young. May she rest in peace.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 02:57 PM

Don't look now, but reportedly Michael Jackson died. What a tremendous talent but apparently a tortured soul. Rest in peace Michael.

Personally, I think our biggest loss this week was Ed McMahon...
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2009, 03:14 PM

I saw that too... some reports are saying he has died, some are saying he is in a coma after suffering a heart attack.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 04:34 AM

J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 07:17 PM
    It's so sad that her death is overshadowed by that of MJ. Farrah was indeed a fighter. I hope that her cause is not lost over the death of a... well, I'll keep my opinion to myself.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 07:32 PM

Yes, it is sad that her death is over-shadowed by that of Michael Jackson.

They both were very talented and besides that, she didn't have the sort of stigma surrounding her that he had surrounding him.

Thanks!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 07:47 PM
    I do hope her cause will be remembered and researched.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    It's so sad that her death is overshadowed by that of MJ. Farrah was indeed a fighter. I hope that her cause is not lost over the death of a....well, I'll keep my personal opinion to myself.
    I agree and my oh my I remember that poster in my Daddys garage;)
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jun 26, 2009, 09:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Yes, it is sad that her death is over-shadowed by that of Michael Jackson.

They both were very talented and besides that, she didn't have the sort of stigma surrounding her that he had surrounding him.

Thanks!
    The saddest part is that she made a real difference in the world. She sponsored charities, supported worthy causes, and was the driving force behind more than one reform in the medical community during her fight against cancer. No one seems to care about that.

For several hours the biggest news was that a strong, brave, beautiful woman had lost her fight against a disease she wasn't supposed to have lived to fight against for as long as she did. Then, michael jackson died and all anyone cares about is that a man who recorded a few hit songs before his decline into self-induced physical distortion and reports of child molestation died suddenly.

It's a sad commentary on american culture when the life of someone who lived only for himself is mourned more than the life of someone who did her best to make a difference in as many lives as possible, even when fighting for her own.
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 04:51 AM

Well it is true Farrah's death and contributions have been overshadowed at this time, but those causes will continue.

Look into it a little more and you'll find that Michael actually had done a great deal of charitable work... he was quietly known for his philanthropy. As for a few hit songs, he has the highest selling album to date and is credited for influencing many of the artists today.

I think the reason his death is more in the news is simply because he was more well known the world over for a longer period. Not as many people are familiar with Farrah Fawcett's work or knew who she was.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    It's so sad that her death is overshadowed by that of MJ. Farrah was indeed a fighter. I hope that her cause is not lost over the death of a....well, I'll keep my personal opinion to myself.
    Yeah I wouldn't even have known she died but in the middle of the long media coverage on Michael the news reporter said a very brief... and on the same day as Farrah Fawcetts death. Still haven't heard another single word on her dying until II read this post right now.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't even have known she died but in the middle of the long media coverage on Michael the news reporter said a very brief .......and on the same day as Farrah Fawcetts death. Still haven't heard another single word on her dying til II read this post right now.
    Same here, most of the television stations here played MJ tributes all day but I only heard mention of Farrah Fawcett twice for about 5 minutes... very sad.
    I guess Jacksons was more sudden but that does not make it more "important"
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 10:10 AM

The media probably looked at it as FF was a has been and MJ was working on a come back tour.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 10:28 AM

Very true. Sad how some people think.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car dies while driving [ 20 Answers ]

I have no clue what is wrong with my car. I will be driving and it will just shut off. Everything except the radio and lights will stay on. I can restart the car. Yesterday I had to get a new battery because it would not start at all so I thought that might have been the problem, but last...

Anti shyphon garden fawcett [ 4 Answers ]

Why does my hose connection leak when I turn on my outdoor anti syphon hose connection? The hose washer is new.

If my mom dies. [ 4 Answers ]

Mom has health probs.. I'm only 15, nearly 16... if she dies, I don't want to stay with my step dad.. :( and I don't want to live with a family member... there are 2 people a little ways away from my home that I consider family.. they are unable to have kids.. they both have jobs and a home.. I...

Shower fawcett leaking [ 2 Answers ]

My shower fawcet handle is leaking water. I have single rotary handle fawcet. I am trying to fix it. But my problem is I don't know how to disassemble or perhaps I need a picture/instructor to take it out step by step. If you could help how to do it I surely appreciate it. Thank you.

View more questions Search