Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 25, 2009, 08:43 AM
    Mom's friend's daughter
    Once or twice a year, we would see one of my mom's friend's family. Recently, we've been seeing each other much more often due to exceptional circumstances and it's very possible this trend will keep up.

I had a crush on her for about 3 years, but I'm starting to move on, because I don't want to mess up my mom's friendship. The last time we saw them was a month ago and she ignored me the entire night. I made at least 5 attempts just to say "hi" and she wouldn't have it. We finally said hi to each other 3 hours later.

But a week before seeing their family, she replied to my email and she seemed pretty excited to see my family. I can't figure out her sudden change of behavior. I called her a few days after seeing them and asked her what was going on. I can't really remember the conversation in detail, but I remembered 2 things: (1) I told her that I didn't want to make things weird between us, so I asked her why she ignored me, and she said that she thought I was tired; (2) somewhere in the conversation, she said she was confused, but that it was cool between us. So I just said, all right cool then, and hung up.

I'm seeing them again this week and I don't care if she likes me or hates me, I just don't want things awkward again with her. I'll definitely try harder at my 5 attempts to say "hi". Any other suggestions?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 08:49 AM

Why not just let it go, if she says hi then she does if not mingle with the rest of the family
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 09:00 AM

I Wish things would only be weird or akward if you allow it to. You don't have to say hi 5 times and continue to wait for a response. Say it once! If she doesn't response then "oh well". No more emailing or calling her to find out what you did wrong because you did nothing wrong.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 25, 2009, 09:27 AM

Your making this a bigger deal than it need be. Don't, just say hi, and go about your business.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 09:50 AM

Yup, say HI once... and if she doesn't respond... then; Hey, let that be her problem.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 10:10 AM

Also, did it ever occur to you that she is intentionally doing what she does? Some people are attention seekers but I not 100% this is the case but it might be.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 08:23 PM
    Update:

Worried for nothing, cause she wasn't even there in the end. Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind for next time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mom's Way Or No Way! [ 15 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone can relate to me. I'm getting married in Sep my fiancé and I have been together a little over three years now. I started planning our wedding about a year ago when we officially announced our engagement. When I first started I was really happy and excited, but now I...

Brother won't leave mom's house after mom's death [ 3 Answers ]

Hello My mother died recently. My brother is the executor of the estate. He lived with my mother prior to her death. The will clearly states that of all of mom's posssessions go into an estate, get sold and then be evenly distributed among six siblings. My brother is refusing to put the...

Mom's getting money through state when she only has her daughter every 2 weeks [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend has a daughter that he has been taking care of since she was born, he and her daughter's mom had decide to take care of her 2weeks, he has her every 2 weeks and she has her every 2 weeks, he made the mistake of letting her apply for help through DSHS, she gets help from the state, she...

My mom's loser boyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

So 4 years ago my parents got a divorce, I was 13. I kind of expected it so it didn't hit me as hard as I thought. My mom started dating this guy who was 23 and she was 37. I was a bit bothered by this but at the time she let me do practically whatever I wanted, and I was a rebellious teen I guess...

My friend's daughter needs an eye exam and is worried [ 6 Answers ]

My friend's daughter is very worried because her eye muscles have been twitching. It's almost like a little facial tic or something. It's only on the left side. She has no vision problems that she knows of and she is 15. Her mom won't have insurance on the kids until January. She just started...

View more questions Search