Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dachingon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2009, 06:32 PM
    Can I kick my roommate out?
    I have a great apartment I got with my great FICO 2 years ago. I am the only one on the rental agreement. I got a roommate 6 months ago. He pays rent in cash. He's a bum with a horrible credit score & hardly goes to work. Can I kick him out by simply giving him 30 days notice? We don't have anything in writing. I just let him move in & he paid me cash. I want to kick him out because he smokes, doesn't go to work, doesn't clean up & is dirty. We only get along because I pretend that all is OK & put up with him. What rights does he have? Thanks... Pablo
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2009, 07:58 PM

What state do you live in? Different states have different time frames. You can't just kick him out but you may be able to evict him in less than 30 days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Evict Roommate that broke Roommate Agreement Lease? [ 3 Answers ]

I am on a month to month lease with my landlord for 6 years now, he says technically no lease though? I have a roommate that moved in 5 months ago that is being uncooperative and broke written rules in "our" roommate agreement contract. I am trying to get her to move out but she will not, talked...

Kick baby kick [ 5 Answers ]

This is my first pregnancy and I'm 18 1/2 weeks and I felt my baby kick couple of times and now he hasn't kicked and a few days and rite now its about 1:45am so obgyn is closed but should I be worried

My roommate is threatening to kick me out [ 5 Answers ]

I keep reading questions about people with horrible roommates wanting to kick them out, rightfully! But what about the people who are clean (more so than the roommate on the lease) and who pay their bills on time? My roommate signed the lease on our apartment without me there (my boyfriend was...

Son needs to kick out roommate - Maryland [ 8 Answers ]

My son has a lease with a rental company and he is the only person who signed the lease. My son took in a roommate about 6 months ago, with the verbal agreement that that roommate would share half of the monthly rental, as well as half of the monthly utilities. This roommate has consistently been...

View more questions Search