Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bak123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2009, 06:32 PM
    Pain from ovarian cyst after cyst is gone
    My 15 year old daughter had an ovarian cyst about 4 months ago (6cm in size). She was put on birth control and the cyst went away after about 2 months, but she has pain in her abdomen almost every day. It gets worse when she is working out or playing sports. She has been given pain medicine but she does not like to take it every day. She has had a CT scan and 3 ultrasounds and nothing else shows up and the ovaries are normal. What could be causing the pain?
    R Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2009, 05:38 AM

It could be endometriosis, show should up on ultrascan, or it could simply mean they're still swollen from the cyst. I had a cyst removen and since then pain had reduced. But endometriosis should definetely show up on the scans, and that is all else I can think of giving the pain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ovarian Cyst [ 4 Answers ]

My friend has an ovarian cyst, is it cancerous?

Septated Ovarian Cyst [ 3 Answers ]

I have been bleeding since March 28 - at times VERY heavy, and have sharp pain on my left side. An ultrasound indicated a septated ovarian cyst on my left ovary. I spoke with the surgeon at my GYN office and he indicated a hysterectomy would be indicated (I cannot take BCP due to other medical...

Pregnant or ovarian cyst [ 1 Answers ]

My last period was 8/28/07.I asked my endo for serum hcg test( Im a diabetic) but test was negative,my period are not irregular they are every 26days, still have no period until today, I had some bleeding even had to use a pad,I had some discomfort and some cramping, but then its stopped and no...

Ovarian Cyst [ 3 Answers ]

Well I was just diagonosed with an ovarian cyst...and the doctor said that it has already ruptured...does anyone know if this could cause a problem getting pregnant?:confused: ..or if this is something I should be really worried about?:( ..One doctor told me that after it ruptured the pain should...

View more questions Search