Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brucegmc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2006, 08:55 PM
    Cost of goods manufactured
    In preparing a "cost of goods manufactured" statement, do I consider beginning finished goods and ending finished goods?
    wichong Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 08:01 AM

Hi, actually, you don't have to include beginning finished goods and ending finished goods in the "cost of goods manufactured" statement, it is included in "Cost of goods sold" statement. I hope this help you.
    muslimrao Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Nov 5, 2008, 11:24 PM
    Yes you are right WICHONG

brucegmc : Please note below for your information and perusal.

Cost of goods manufactured includes WORK IN PROCESS (ending or opening)

Cost of goods sold includes FINISHED GOODS (ending and opening)

Quote Originally Posted by wichong View Post
    Hi, actually, you don't have to include beginning finished goods and ending finished goods in the "cost of goods manufactured" statement, it is included in "Cost of goods sold" statement. I hope this help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Manufactured home [ 5 Answers ]

I live in a neighborhood where houses go for between$700,000 -$1,000,000+ range in the Bay Area.Would there be something wrong with having a pre-fab house built on my lot?Would it diminish the value of the house vs. a traditional constructed house?I need to tear down my house in the future and...

Cost of Goods Manufactured [ 5 Answers ]

I am taking my first class in Accounting and I am having difficulties with my homework. I have the following problem, that I have done in several ways and I always get an answer that is greater that the correct one. These are the figures (in thousands of dollars): Direct Labor Cost: $10,500...

Net sales, cost of goods, net profit [ 2 Answers ]

Les Fleurs, a boutique in Paris, France, had the following accounts in its accounting records at December 31, 20X2 (amounts in Euros, denoted as "E") Purchases………………... E250,000 Freight In……………… E8,000 Sales discounts…………. 4,000 Purchase returns…….. 7,000 Inventory Sales…………………. ...

Net sales-cost of goods sold= [ 2 Answers ]

What is the net sales minus cost of goods sold?

Cost of goods sold for software [ 0 Answers ]

I have developed a small software application to sell to my customers. How do I determine the cost of goods sold per unit if I don't know how many units I might sell. For example: if my development cost was $1000 and I sold two units for $10.00 each, I know I had $20.00 in sales but for accounting...

View more questions Search