Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roseey Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 06:25 PM
    Rid of chipmunk
    There is a chipmunk that is in the yard that continues to live in my large outside potted plants. How can I get rid of him?
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Jun 23, 2009, 08:02 PM

I hear you can spray some castor oil around the plants, but I am not sure if it will hurt the plant or not.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 24, 2009, 02:00 AM
    If you just wish him to go away, I would recommend a natural repellant such as paprika or chili powder. If those don't work the next step up would be the products designed for burrowing animals like Mole-stop which contain eugenol and eucalyptus oil; they stink but won't harm the plants.

Trapping and relocating the little bugger would be the more expensive but more certain alternative.
    darrellg Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 06:00 PM
    I have tried about everything and my only success has been Trap and relocate. It may be a process if your neighbors are not willing to help keep them under control as well.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 23, 2009, 06:02 PM

Menards and Home Depot sell a solar powered device that looks like a large thumb tack. You stick it in the ground and it vibrates the soil every 30 seconds. Drives the little guys nuts so they leave for your neighbors house, $19

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Song title of pizza hut advert - chipmunk-ey [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know the title/singer/band to do with the song playing on the pizza hut advert with the flashing picture frames all about how long pizza hut's been around? Thank you!:D

View more questions Search