Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michelle13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 05:53 PM
    Could this be caused by hormonal changes?
    Ok, so I've seen my gynocologist, my physicican, and my dermatologist... Heres the issue,I have a few irritating and potentially serious symptoms. The first symptom is depresion (I can usually deal with this except for just before my period) I used t take depresion medications years ago, but recently (2 months ago) my gyno prescribed my with YAZ to treat PMDD. The next symptom that I'm experiencing is recurring yeast infections, I get yeast infections at least once a monce typically about 10 days before my period. The final symptom is skin whitening, for about the past 6 months my face in cetain areas/patches has gradually lightened (on my chin and my eyelids). For this my dermatologist said that it could be a yeast infection on my skin, he gave me something to treat that and another cream to treat skin discoloration, I don't know if either is working because I'm not seeing an improvement on my skin but not sure how long before I see any results. Also, about me;I stay away from douching, I am a lesbian who does not like sexual penetration, I just asked for blood tests, STD tests and a papsmear during my annual gyno check up in March,everything came up normal, and I am a smoker. Other than the skin lightening, the other symptms have been taking place for a couple years, sometimes more extreme than others. Could all of these symptoms be linked, am I the only one who thinks this? Could I have a serious hormone issue which is affecting my PH levels causing all 3 symptoms? I had a thyroid test too, apparently nothing wrong with that, my mom has had an auto immune disorder since she was a child. Please help, no one doctor seems to know what's gong on.:(
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 08:34 PM

Is this your problem?Vitiligo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is (supposedly) what Michael jackson says he has...

Anyway, the demotologist SHOULD have already worked this out... -sounds like you may need a second (well informed) opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hormonal Imbalance [ 2 Answers ]

I recently spoke to a girl who told me that due to a hormonal imbalance she developed overly large breasts which caused her neck and back pain and at the age of sixteen she was given breast reduction surgery. Also that the hormonal was some how corrected. Has anyone ever heard of such a condition...

Hormonal Imbalance [ 10 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what a hormonal imbalance is and what are the symptoms off this?

Hormonal Imbalance [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone of you experience of hormonal imbalance? If you do then can you please tell me how you overcome those? Because I think I have those since I felt so tiredness everyday and my tummy bloated for so long, night sweat, craving for sweets all the times, and poor nutritions. Plus my husband and...

Hormonal problems [ 1 Answers ]

All my friends have started pubic hair and I haven't I am 13 years old and I think I have a problem?:confused:

View more questions Search