Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chelsea1949 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 03:47 PM
    Canadian Visitor Visa
    I know that Ghana is a very corrupt country. If someone were to bribe the Cdn Immigration Office in Ghana to get a Visitor Visa to Canada, what would be the repercussions. Would it really be a legitimate Visa, and if I was inviting this person to visit me, are there any legal problems that I could face. I am told that this is done all the time.

I got an answer to this question that this was a scam and there would be no bribe and no Visa.
    However, I wish to add that I have met this person on 2 separate occasions and they already have a passport and have traveled to meet me in West Africa. They have already applied for visitor visa and were rejected as immigration did not feel that they could prove they would return home after visa expired. I have a file number but I don't know how to check if this was a valid application.
    Can anyone help me with this and do you still think this is a Scam.
    Thanks
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 12:25 PM

It's most likely still a scam, maybe they really do want to come to Canada with you, maybe they want to come and never leave (with or without you in their lives) you just never know.

I thought it was a scam cause I just don't believe that a Canadian Embassy is going to accept a bribe. Perhaps you can bribe a Ghana government official but the office where this person needs to apply for a Canadian visa is run by Canadian staff. Plus getting a visa isn't so simple, there has to be a review of this persons file and if some staff person gives a visa no questions asked to someone with a previous refusal it will look very suspicious.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jun 25, 2009, 10:19 PM

Here's the fact... even if you legally obtained visitor's visa, it does not guarantee that you will be allowed to enter the country. Immigration officers at the port of entry have the right to cancel your visa and put you on the next available flight back home if they find something suspicious about your visit or find you unqualified.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying a Cdn Visitor Visa in Ghana [ 2 Answers ]

I know that Ghana is a very corrupt country. If someone were to bribe the Cdn Immigration Office in Ghana to get a Visitor Visa to Canada, what would be the repercussions. Would it really be a legitimate Visa, and if I was inviting this person to visit me, are there any legal problems that I could...

Visitor visa overstayer [ 1 Answers ]

My friend needs to travel from New Jersey to Nashville Tennessee via the Greyhound bus. Can anyone say what are the requirements if any? She was told that she needs a valid id with valid time to remain in the country. She does have a valid passport but there is no valid time for her to remain in...

Visitor Visa denied [ 1 Answers ]

My parents applied for a visitor visa to attend my brother's graduation. Both sons are here in the US. My dad is employed and had proof of employment, bank accounts, property in kenya and grandchildren and an old mother who stays with them. They were denied the visa because I had applied for the DV...

Visitor visa [ 1 Answers ]

:D Is it best to wait to apply for visa at the port of entry in the country I'm visiting? Or Is it best to apply for visit before I leave? It's so time consuming!

View more questions Search