Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linstuff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2006, 02:33 PM
    91 Honda Accord "stuck" In Sports Drive
    I Have A 1991 Honda Accord. Over the last month or so, it will put itself Into "sports Drive." The "S" light on the dash goes on, and it switches to this drive, which revs at higher RPMs.

It Seems Like This Might Be Some Kind Of Protective Mechanism By The Car. Sometimes I Can Get It Back Into Regular Drive By Stopping, Disconnecting The Battery And Then Putting It Back On (resets The Computer) But I Would Like To Find Out What The Problem Is And Get It Fixed. Someone Suggested That It Might Be A Solenoid Valve - Which One, I Don't Know.

Does Anybody Know About This? Which Solenoid, How Expensive. Etc.

Thanks For Any Help You Can Give

Lf:(
    mikeross242 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 03:28 PM
    I had the same problem on a 91 ex, I pulled back the carpet on passenger side floorbaord and found the computer terminal to be corroded in the transmission computer. Cleaned and some dielectric grease into terminal, reinstalled and my problem was gone!
    Jonc567 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2013, 07:10 PM
    Its not the solenoid valve. Your lucky if you can clean connectors on trans computer under passenger floorboard. Most likely whole unit is fried. It will do crazy things. Order a rebuilt one. Place in Florida online. Save your receipt. You get 3 month warranty. My first one lasted 2 months. Been 4 years on 2nd one

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

95 Honda Civic "Check Engine" Light [ 15 Answers ]

Hi. Was driving my 95 Honda Civic LX (115000 miles) to work this morning when the Check Engine light came on. Car was not overheating, no obvious problem, oil level fine. Ran all day with no further problem indications, but the Check Engine light stayed on. What is the possible problems?? Note...

"smoking after idle" 1982 Honda Civic w/ great compression [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently acquired a 1982 Honda Civic Wagon, 185 k miles, religious oil changes (per service records). It's due for timing belt. Car sat for 3 years without bieng started, I have installed a new (rebuilt) carb and EGR valve (restrictor on EGR valve not installed... ), also new plugs, wires,...

Background Display stuck in "Stretch" [ 6 Answers ]

My WindowsXP Background will not display in Center or Tile modes. The screen is white. I read that .htm documents are displayed in this way (Stretch only) but don't know what I did so that all images only display in Stretch mode. System Restore is no help.

98 honda accord audio "CODE e" [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced the battery on my Honda. Well the audio system disengaged and required a 5 digit code to reset. I obtained this code from the dealer. I entered the 5 digit code and nothing happens except shows "CODE e". The manual has little to say about this.. Anyone know?

View more questions Search