Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    knieves Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2009, 10:53 PM
    Can I claim windows?
    Most of our windows have accumulation of moisture and humidity between the two glass mainly when it rains. Also, there is some mold starting in some of them. Can we claim the windows under homeowners insurance?
    These had being going at least since December.:confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 23, 2009, 04:26 AM

I doubt it. This sounds like simple wear and tear. Unless the windows were newly installed then you can go after the installer. But I doubt if they will be covered under your homeowner's policy. Feel free to ask your agent though.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 06:15 AM

This is a really common situation. The fact that you said this has been going on since December tells me that it's something that your policy isn't meant to cover. Your homeowner's is meant to cover sudden occurrences.

Mold is usually not covered under most policies (although some may offer it as an additional endorsement). Mold indicates that the problem has been going on for a while. As a homeowner, you are responsible for regular maintenance so you should've fixed the problem when you first noticed it in December in order to lessen the damage.

As Scott mentioned, if they were new windows and the problem was due to faulty workmanship, you could take it up with installer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small claim/contra claim [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sirs, My name is Andrey. I would like to ask for your opinion on the situation I faced. Two month ago I was contacted by the company that wanted me to translate the documents from Russian into English (I am certified translator/interpreter. I registered at online translator database;...

Email sending prob. In windows vista using windows mail [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problem in sending emails in windows mail in vista. Up to yesterday, it was working fine. I have deleted and created the account again. Email address,pwd, pop n smtp etc everything is correct but email are not going. There is genuine windows vista with Mecafee. No problem with incoming...

Should I claim myself or allow my dad to claim me as a dependent on his taxes [ 2 Answers ]

I Am Almost 22 , I Go To Nursing School And Totally Support Myself. I Did Work In 2007 Up Until June. My Dad Is Wanting To Claim Me As A Dependent, But I Think I Would Be Better Off If I Claim Myself. Should I Claim Myself, Or Should My Dad Claim Me? What Is Better For Me?

Quit Claim or Quick Claim [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between a Quit Claim and a Quick Claim? Also, the last year of my mothers life she was very ill and lived with me, she signed her house over to me . Now I am going to sell it, do I have to pay taxes on the money I receive? I have heard if you are over a certain age you do not...

View more questions Search