Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wesofroy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2009, 04:30 PM
    Intek Throttle-Free governor/carburetor linkage
    I just bought a used 22" 3N1 Yard King walk-behind lawn mower. The model sticker is missing, so I dont have a model number or year of manufacture. The engine is a B&S Intek 7.5 HP "Throttle-Free Design", model: 127602-0247-E1, code 04031-FB. Can you provide me with a diagram or a good description of how the governor/carburetor linkage is connected? The governor spring is missing and the linkage has been hardwired, so I have to adjust the speed manually. I have a parts breakdown for the engine, but it doesn't show how the linkage is connected. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 22, 2009, 05:19 PM
    Hi,
    That took some "tricky" lookup techniques as B&S has their newer IPLs disabled for using some tools.
    At any rate the attached picture has two lines I have drawn in. Sorry, no arrows drawn, but the elongated loop of #209 governor spring hooks to the loop in #202 throttle link. Just kind of turn it sideways and ease it on, you really do not have to open it up or anything; just start at the end of the loop toward the coils and move away.
    Next you do roughly the same thing at the other end. Rotating about 90 degrees will allow you to ease the connection in the roughly 1/4" hole in the control #222B.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

B&S 18.5HP Intek OHV spits and sputters when throttle moved off idle [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman yard tractor with the B&S 18.5HP Intek OHV motor in it. Last fall, as I was driving it to the storage shed for the winter, it started spitting and sputtering and almost sounded like the was a leak in the exhaust system. It sounded similar to a car when the gasket blows out in...

View more questions Search