Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marcellinew Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 12, 2006, 12:50 PM
    Cat throws up every morning?? Help!
    My cat is 2 years old. Lately he has been throwing up every morning. He doesn't do it during the day when we are gone. He only throws up his food in the mornings. It is usually whole pieces of his dry food. I only feed him dry food. He has allergies, so we use ID prescription cat food or **** van pattons Vension dry food for cats with allergies.
    I don't know what to do, sometimes he doesn't throw up anything but a yellow mucus.
    Does anyone have any suggestions? Could it be he has allergic and has a sensitive stomach?:(
    tre_cani Posts: 117, Reputation: 22

Oct 12, 2006, 03:11 PM
    Chronic vomiting (the yellowish bile stuff) in cats might indicate inflammatory bowel disease, in which case you should go to your vet.

Though the regurgitation of the dry food immediately after eating is pretty common (one of my cats does it at least once a month).

My vet told me that when some cats eat a lot of dry food and then the pieces of dry food swell in the stomach, they are forced to regurgitate (she differentiated it from 'vomiting') some or all of it simply because it doesn't fit in the stomach once it swells up.

She suggested that I only allow him to eat small portions. My cats are free-fed and so I did not take her advice as it isn't so much a problem for him only doing it once a month and he is otherwise very healthy.

Oct 12, 2006, 03:18 PM
    Thank you, I will start with the vet and maybe try a different brand of food or try wet food.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2006, 04:24 PM
    Pregnant? Do cats get morning sickenss?
    tre_cani Posts: 117, Reputation: 22

Oct 12, 2006, 04:30 PM
    Funny!
    I'm guessing... no, since the questioner referred to the cat as 'he'.

Oct 12, 2006, 04:34 PM
    Hahaha, That would be a new discovery! It's a male cat.
    dannysmom Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Oct 12, 2006, 05:21 PM
    My dog had a similar problem. The yellow is most likely acid. We give my 70lb lab 2 chewable pepcid tablets daily. Contact your vet to see how much you can give him.
    horse_lover Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2006, 04:10 PM
    I am sorry t here that:( you should take him to a vet and ask to get a allergy test... he is probably elergic to his food.
    GOOD LUCK!

Yours, truly horse_lover :cool:
    ouimcm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 02:46 PM
    My cat does this because he has a large hairball in his stomach, which causes him to immediately throw up. I tried the Purina One Hairball which has soy lecithin, which reduces the size of the hairball and it works pretty good. Lately he started again so I am putting him on Royal Canin Special 33 and it stopped now. The yellow bile is concerning, but is it possible it's just yellow from his food? With allergies too, this might be kind of tricky. Throwing up can also be a sign of kidney disease or pancreatic disease, so you should check his blood levels with your vet first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Morning after pill [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there I took Ovral 21 morning after pills... 2 pills and then another 2 pills twelve hours later. I took them on April 22nd and now its May 10th and I just started getting some VERY light spotting today and now its stopped. Is this a sign my period is coming ? ...

Tuesday Morning [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with Tuesday Morning. The Tuesday Morning Of Johnson City, TN. The Address is 3122 E Oakland Ave 37601. The Tuesday Morning was several night clubs like Kokomo's, Legends, etc. The bathroom has a very strong methane odor in there. It has been in there for months. When I went, there...

Morning sickness [ 9 Answers ]

Anyone have any morning sickness tips for me? Its been a while since I went through this, so any tips would be helpful. I forgot just how much I disliked the first trimester hahha. Thanks

View more questions Search