Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristxoxo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2009, 01:39 PM
    Insorbordination- when you have the day off
    I am a hourly paid employee at my company and am a manager but over the weekend on my day off my supervisor called me and we had a disagreement. She called H R on Monday and had me written up for insorbordination. My question is can I be written up for that since I wasn't at work and I was not on the clock? My company doesn't own me 24/7. So can I fight this write up since it was a work related issue but she called me on her personal cell phone before she was at work at home and was very rude to me. I told her that I would not tolerate it and hung up on her. I don't believe I should be written up. So can someone please help me and answer my question!! :confused:
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 04:35 PM

Have you called HR yet yourself? That would be my first step.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 04:39 PM

That depends on what the argument was. If, for example you told her to take the job and stick it where the sun don't shine, that IS job related and grounds for a firing.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jun 22, 2009, 04:47 PM

Well I would imagine it would depend on what you were written up for. If your "insubordination" had occurred on the job then calling you at home to tell you what she did may not have been the most professional route considering she could have called you into her office the next day and discussed it with you. But if your insubordination was in a situation where you walked off the job and went home.. and your supervisor not knowing that you would come back could essentially call you at home. But I agree with justcurious55, I would start with HR. Ask them what it was all about, and tell them your feelings on how you were treated. Your more likely to get the answers you need through them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2009, 06:49 PM

I will say that first even on your day off you can not be insubordinate to your boss.

So what exactly did you tell them that they are upset about.

I know anywhere I worked, even on your day off, if you said things bad about your company, you would not have a job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search