Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robertaloe Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2003, 01:16 AM
    Racial question
    Who exactly are considered as "white" people? Is it all Europeans including Armenia and Gerogia? Or just Northern Europeans? Please help. I am trying to write a report about this.
    Hello_Peace Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Apr 8, 2004, 04:22 AM
    Racial question
    Not sure where you are going with this question, so I'm a bit apprehensive about answering. Are you asking because you are wanting to say 'European' instead of white, but then realised that non-Europeans can also be white?

My view is that referring to 'whiteness' to describe people you overlook IMPORTANtLY their culture, language, history... Their nation and so on. So, I have a question for you: What is the use of describing groups by their colour, if it tells us nothing about them? From their/your/our perspective, does describing colour help us understand their lives?

I'm assuming that you're American (?), because in USA, 'colour' is often correlated with a set of social characteristics. That's fair enough. But be careful of assuming that this rule applies elsewhere, like Armenia.

Be careful about making generalisations. People can get justifably offended when they're categorised.

I'll be interested to hear back from you about this.
    H.P.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EEOC & Racial Discrimination [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a claim filed in Phoenix against AAA of Arizona. This is the auto service club that changes tires, tows, etc. I am going to a mediation meeting and am trying to get more information to take in with me. I need to find out about similar cases and the settlement amounts given. I am...

Racial Classification [ 4 Answers ]

Who exactly are considered as "white" people? Is it all of Europe, inclluding Armenia and Georgia? Or just Northern Europeans? Please help, I am writing a report about this.

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

View more questions Search