Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whenyoulove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2009, 07:26 AM
    Migraine pain
    I’ve read from some threads that taking pain medication for migraine is not good for babies who are breastfed. I am doing that now although it’s only during severe migraine attacks. My baby who’s now 5 months young didn’t show signs of any side effects like constipation or not being alert, etc. Any input that you may share regarding this? Thanks. Mylene.
    seethelights Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2009, 04:53 PM
    Hi, Mylene. In my opinion, this will depend on how strong the pain reliever is. For example, when I was pregnant, I was still prescribed Tylenol and fioricet for my migraine attacks. These, according to my doctor, are safe medicines for unborn babies. Moreso to young babies. But of course, I’m not saying that you go ahead and take Tylenol or fioricet or any medicine. Make sure that you tlk to your doctor about this. You still need to take care of your pain, you know.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 05:00 PM

This is best for you to work out with your doctor. I know that there's some migraine medications you can take while breastfeeding because my mother breastfed and suffered from migraines. Unfortunately I don't remember what she took at the time. Plus, if it's migraines you're suffering you should be working with your dr to see if you can prevent them and maybe trying out different medications to see what works best for you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Migraine [ 2 Answers ]

I have this friend who just told me that he gets migraines quite often and feels the pain in the occipital area where neck meets head, lower back, temporal area, top of head, and in sinus area below eyes. He also stated his fingers go numb or tingle sometimes. I was wondering what all could be...

Three Day Migraine [ 15 Answers ]

I have what can only be described as a vicious migraine. My head has hurt so bad that I can move my head without a tear coming to my eye FOR THREE DAYS now. What's going on? Aspirin, Tylenol, Midol, and Excedrin don't help. :cool: What could have caused this and how do I make it stop?:( ...

Migraine medication? [ 29 Answers ]

I think I have migraine. I get very bad headaches like twice a month. When I get one, my head feels like splitting, my eyes feel like they're coming out of their sockets and I see flashes of light. The bad thing about it is the pain relievers like tylenol or advil doesn't help. What else can I...

Migraine since 06/01/09 [ 3 Answers ]

I've had a migraine since 06/01/09 --- the pain is gone, but nothing is getting rid of my auras... I've gone through a midrol dose pack, taken numerous doses of Axert, Tylenol, and Ibprofen. Yesterday I lost a whole day of work and went and got a migraine infusions, I thought that had worked......

Please Help(migraine Relief) [ 4 Answers ]

I just want to ask a quick question... I have been looking for alternatives to migraine medication and I was wondering if anyone new anything about what Mannatech does and the side affects to the medication... Basically I want to know if Mannatech and Ambrotose works for Migraines and nausea?. Also...

View more questions Search