Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hemant Agrawal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 03:31 AM
    Pregancy After childbirth
    My wife gave birth (Caesarean operation) to a child on 23-3-09. After that we had a sexual intercourse on 14-6-09 (almost after 3 months of delivery). While ejaculation I tried to pull out but some portion entered the vagina. We are afraid if this can lead to pregnancy.. As since the delivery she has not experienced her periods till now.. I also want to know Already 3 months passed.. Normally in such child birth how much time it takes to start menstrual periods.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2009, 03:46 AM

What is done is done. Wait a few weeks and take a home pregnancy test or visit her doctor. Is she breast feeding? If so it may take some time to return! If not she should contact her doctor
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 08:48 PM

Oh dear,

Sorry, but I can't even begin to come up with an answer for this one.

J_9 please help!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2009, 07:33 AM

As danielnoahsmommy said, if she is breastfeeding she may not have a return of periods for quite awhile. If not breastfeeding, they usually will resume about 8-10 weeks after birth. This can vary a bit from person to person however.

She can indeed become pregnant without having a period first as ovulation, or releasing an egg, happens before a period. Some women will be surprised to find themselves pregnant again with a two month old and never having a period after the birth.

Best to use some form of birth control if you are wanting to avoid pregnancy. Withdrawl method works for some, but as you have found out, you need to be very careful. For this reason, it is not one of the best choices for many people.

It is suggested that a woman wait about a year after a c-section before becoming pregnant again. Of course things happen and pregnancy may occur sooner, but waiting this amount of time insures that all is healed properly and she will be in the best condition for another pregnancy and birth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex after childbirth [ 16 Answers ]

My wife had our child 3 and 1/2 weeks ago by C-section. She is healing fast compared to others we know who have had kids through the same procedure. How realistic is it for me to believe that she is ready for sex closer to 4 weeks than 6? We go back to the OB/GYN soon and we are both hoping that...

Should a 3-year old watch childbirth? [ 3 Answers ]

Due to a power outage, only one paramedic responded to the call. The house was very dark so the paramedic asked Kathleen, a 3-yr old girl to hold a flashlight high over her mommy so he could see while he helped deliver the baby. Very diligently, Kathleen did as she was asked. Heidi pushed and...

Sex after childbirth [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I have been married 15 years and have 3 children. Her first delivery was very difficult. Since then (13 years ago) she says sex has not been the same. Sex is not painful; however, her orgasms feel "100 miles away". She also feels anxious before orgasm as if it may hurt; however, she...

Periods after Childbirth [ 3 Answers ]

Before I was pregnant my cycles were clockwork, 30 days.. I breastfed for 3 months and shortly after I got my period back. The first cycle was 42 days, then 40 days, and now it has been 43 days.. and nothing! I've taken a pregnancy test and it was negative... I feel pregnant but I am not sure if...

Period after childbirth [ 1 Answers ]

I had a son 7 months ago and just recently started my period. After he was born I was on it regularly up until October. Since October I haven't had a period until a couple of days ago. My period is so heavy now is that normal? Im changing my tampon every hour, I have never experienced this. Should...

View more questions Search