Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GaleDudley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2006, 06:41 AM
    Transfer of Liabilities
    How can a LLC transfer liabilities to a Corporation? They have the same owner.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2006, 08:50 PM
    That is funny, seeing that a corporation has limited liability, but that does not exist for the general partner(s) in a LLC.

If the LLC owed my company money, they owe it.

If you wish to transfer, have the corporation take out money, and give it to the LLC. Then have the LLC pay off the debt to my company.

Now, the original debt is gone and the corporation owes money to someone for the amount.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Assets, Liabilities and equity [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know if this is correct, if its not an explanation would be great :) I'm not an accounting student, just taking it for GE and I'm just confused.. Indicate where each tansaction causes an increase (+), decrease (-) or no change (NC) in assets, liabilities and equity (type of...

Liabilities Question [ 1 Answers ]

12. Georgia Tent Company’s total liabilities on August 31, 2002 were $200,000. On September 1, 2002, the Georgia Tent Company purchased $100,000 of supplies on account from Camper World. On September 25, 2002, Georgia Tent purchased an additional $50,000 of supplies on account from Rural Vendors....

H1 Transfer - Please help me [ 1 Answers ]

I am a New Jersey Resident. I have H-1B visa (direct employee full time) from October 2005.I worked till March 2006. I got my H-1B visa transferred to another consultancy in Februar 2006. Till August 2006 I have no pay slips as I am not working. How is it going to affect the tax returns at the...

Transfer [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to transfer text from WORD or any other sorce to CD-R--CD-RW--DVD-R--DVD--RW and so on. Many thanks for your answers and regards. Nunzio.

Liabilities question [ 5 Answers ]

If, during an accounting period, assets increased by $80,000. And owner's equity decreased by $15,000, what change occurred to the total liabilities? I answered a decreased o f$65,000. But I'm not sure Help please. Dell

View more questions Search