Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starw147 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 03:26 PM
    Invented a product, where can I go from here
    I am 16 years old and invented something useful for all age groups and can be also be sold in stores in the household products I think.
    I have already made it, and it looks pretty neat and useful, where do I go from here? It is my first invention and I think I can sell it for $8.00 at the store. I just do not know how to get it in the market, can you guys please tell me the process
    mercury93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 03:45 PM
    Hello:

First off, you should consult a patent attorney or get your parents to do it, to protect your invention from getting copied from somebody else. Once you have a patent, talk to the general managers of your local stores and discuss and share your product with them. Afterward, be prepared to have several dozen of your invention ready, if and when the local stores agree to stock your item. Utilize internet resources to find potential markets and information from other inventors. It's a difficult process, but it can be a very rewarding one, too! Good luck.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 03:49 PM

There is another option as well. You can see the rights to your invention to another company (example, if it's a toy, sell to a toy company) that would take over building more copys of it and getting it to the stores to be sold.

Merurys way will get you a steady income over several years.

My way will get you a large lump sum up front.

It all depends on what you want.

If you DO sell it to a company, keep in mind you will NOT be able to have any part in any future earnings, nor have your name on it or any claim to it.
    alangeo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 05:56 AM

Hi
    My name is Alan
    And I have design ( invented) a tool) beauty tool

... it's going to be on the market next year.
    It's simple.

Patents, are very expensive, ( WASTE OF TIME)

Of course depending what your invention...

I have met different people ( inventors) I met the " Potato peeler ( not the inventor of the potato peepler) but the person " Tucker " ( a professor of industrial design at the NY university) He made a new handle...( rubber)

And the IDEA is " if it's a good idea " , get it produced., Put it out there ( in the Market ), because once it's out there, no one can copy... ( if they copy you can sue then)

( A being the first , YOU ARE THE ORIGINAL!! ) Lot's of inventions you have to rely on QUALITY/ NAME !
    then ... once you make some money you can patent, ( or just leave at that!0

I did not have the money to get a patent,

trust me.

if it's a good idea, you gonna be able to pitch !
    ... a good idea has to be feaseable, easy to make, and SIMPLE!

So basicly you gonna have to trust people, and hope for the best.

Try to protect your self, but basicly if you don't havre the money ( like I needed 300.000 to have my tool sold all over the globe,

.. I was very fortune that I met ""the King of the tools " ( out of Chicago Ill.(

And trust him completely.

Most likely, he does not need me to tell him to make a million dollars! He made millions on ready!

So there you have it!

DoDON'T BE SCARE ! COURAGE BRINGS GOOD LUCK!

And VICE VERSE ( scare brings bad luck)

I am just a person with courage... and with ; COURAGE GETS LUCK AND GO HAPPY!
    britEl Posts: 244, Reputation: 35

Aug 11, 2009, 06:12 AM

What is it exactly that you invented?
    alangeo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 12:50 PM
    It's a different handle and shape hair brush.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Things that should be invented [ 6 Answers ]

What are some things that people would like to see invented?? Like things that would be useful/fun, etc.

Who invented rugby? [ 9 Answers ]

Who envented rugby ? And why ? How? Were did it live?

I invented new idea but can't afford to manufacture the sample product. [ 11 Answers ]

I have contacted Davidson with my new idea which saves lots of time and energy. My new idea was pretty simple but really helpful for everyone to use in every day bases. Davidson (Davison - turning ideas, inventions, and patents into products.) did the necessary research about the idea and created...

I need to calculate the full product unit cost of both the 12pack and 2-liter product [ 1 Answers ]

I have raw materials costs 3% loss of raw materials, because of packaging requirements Packing materials costs 2% damaged materials Manufacturing expense Truck delivery fee Storage fee Wages p/year Manufacturing costs p/yr.

Who invented the steamboat? [ 3 Answers ]

I have to do a match person to description section of a takehome exam, I have to match some people from early America to a description. I don't understand something. When I look on the internet it says that James Watt invented the steamboat, but on the exam it doesn't list James Watt. Can anyone...

View more questions Search