Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buddyglue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 01:39 PM
    Afraid for my daughter
    My 21 year old daughter is so preoccupied by sex that it is adversely affecting her life. What biological or neurotramitter causes could be contributing to this? What tests should she have done? If it is too high of a tetosterone level, how is it reduced?

She is also into being choked and suffocated (not in a sexual setting). She claims it calms her down. How do I talk to her about this? How can I help her before she gets killed or seriously hurt?

Thank you
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 01:47 PM

It could be that she is addicted to sex much like people get addicted to other behaviors and chemicals such as alcohol, drugs, throwing up, on and on. It is a problem of the times in America.

Her whole world has narrowed to these sexual behaviors and getting her kicks keeps getting harder to find.

Perhaps, if you and she have a good relationship, you both can go to a therapist and talk about her having a sexual addiction and if it would be beneficial for her to go to a 12 Step Program for Sexual Addicts.

Best wishes to both of you,
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 11:44 PM
    I would suggest that you take her to see a psychologist as quickly as you can. It may be that she needs to be referred to a psychiatrist for medication or a treatment program.

The behaviors that she is exhibiting are unhealthy in the extreme and potentially life threatening. Not to mention the threat to her mental and emotional health.

I don't think that you can do this on your own. She needs professional help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Afraid of everything! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi We just adopted a sheltie who was rescued from a puppy mill. He have 3 years and it look like he never been with human. He doesn't eat in front of us and is afraid of everything. I know that we have to give him some time to adapt. But if any home know some advice or any I can help him to be...

Afraid to tell him what I want [ 4 Answers ]

For the Christmas break, I want to travel with my boyfriend. But I didn't tell him this. I don't know whether it is proper and whether he would agree with my idea. Should I ask him?

Afraid to be alone [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 13 year old son. He is good looking, plays sports, gets good grades and all that stuff. The problem is he is terrified to be alone in a room in the house. Especially at night. Have any of you experienced this? If so, what helped you?It's been going on for many years and I kept telling...

She is afraid of sex [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfreind used to get raped by here ex boyfreind. There relatoinship lasted a year and a half. I'm helping her deal with it and counsling her because I was raped when I was younger as well. We have had sex before she told me about this and it was really great to. But now that she tolled me what...

Why am I so afraid? [ 2 Answers ]

A few months ago I visited a site where a large historic ship was docked. I have been on ships several times, for cruises, and never had any issues,however just looking at this one ship frightened me to the point I could not look at it. Today, I was walking my dog, and a large CAT...

View more questions Search