Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raychi Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Jun 20, 2009, 01:27 PM
    My school has made me depressed
    At school, we have a guidance team. They are supposed to be there for help. But where I am, they just cause trouble. You see, when ever I talk about something, teachers listen in, pass what I said around and they never get the full story. Like when I said my friend had been diagnosed with skin cancer, they thought it was me and told my mum. Now mum has got me a counsellor because her, my school and my friends think I've been lying. How can I persuade them that the schools a lier? Because it isn't easy!
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 01:44 PM
    Well go straight to the principal. Voice your concerns and try to go from there. School is so hard and even more hard with out a support system.
    learninglearner Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 01:49 PM

Counselors don't hurt usually so just let people think what they will and talk with the counselor. Explain the whole situation even if you were lying about something. If you lied, admit it to the counselor and talk about the possible reasons. If that is the case the couselor can help you practice trust and honesty. If you didn't lie the counselor can help you with coping skills while you work through your situation at school. A win/win. I say go for it
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 01:52 PM
    You can always bring your parents in to the office with the counselors. I personally have done that before and it worked wonderfully. Tell the couselors the truth in front of your parents and clear it all up together.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 02:07 PM

It sounds to me like you have a reputation at school and with your mother... a reputation as perhaps a liar and a troublemaker.

Face the situation dead on. Go into the guidance office and make an appointment to discuss how you are viewed by the staff. Take your mother with you.

Find out where you really stand in the eyes of others... get a "reality check".

Best wishes to you,
    elogur Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 08:40 PM
    Schools usually do not like to acknowledge their own failures. They are usually not proactive until somebody (specifically, parent or superintendent) makes a complaint. It is in the adult's nature to dismiss the students' comments and to take the other adults seriously.

Explain to your parents what happened and urge your parents to make a complaint.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rare 80's children's Movie (or made for TV movie) made with puppets [ 12 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a movie (or TV movie) that I enjoyed as a child. It aired sometime during the early 80's. I remember it taking place in a cave with some green creatures (goblins?). The king was making a wish and they started in a song and dance about how the king would be making this wish...

Is is a poll for any middle school or high school kids about drugs? [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of drugs are being sold at your schools? How easy is it to get? Where are you from? This is a seriouse question I'm curiouse to no if it matters where you are from or if all schools are alike...

My mom is depressed and she's making me depressed what do I do! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am 14 years old and my mom is depressed and is making me depressed I started working with her and she freaked out at me because I didn't sweep properly, she brought me home and just left. How do I help her and help myself! I'm starting to think of suicide but I can't just leave...

I really hate school and I get depressed thinking about going every single day over. [ 4 Answers ]

I really hate school and I get depressed thinking about going every single day over and over! Please help? :(? I have awesome friends (from middle school) who I hang out with during the summer and some weekends. And no, there aren't any bullies at school. But I hate my school and I'm entering...

Collection agency still calling after payment agreement made & pymts being made [ 4 Answers ]

I have an outstanding bill with Hydro one in Ontario of 800.00 owing since 2003, with interest the bill has now doubled to 1600.00, I was unable to make payments on this bill due to financial reasons, but this past month & half I have been paying 100.00 /month to the collection agency, they are...

View more questions Search