Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheLuverOfSorro Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 11:47 PM
    How can I find my biological father?
    I'm 15, and live with my mom and her husband along with my half sisters. Her husband which I am forced to call "dad" hasn't adopted me, but he is the biological father of two of my half sisters. I need to know who my real dad is. It's killing me to hear him be so harsh to me but not to them. I don't know anything about him. Him and my mom were a one night thing. I need to know where I come from. I have never met him, I don't even think he knows I exist. But I need him in my life. If anyone can help me find him please say something.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 20, 2009, 08:19 AM

You need to talk to your mom about this.

Because you are underage, no one can legally help you search for him.
    barret Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 12:29 PM
    Hi I am sort of in the same boat I am also 15 I was forced into foster care at the age of three and was put into a loveing caring family my mother was a drug atic and still is and its pissing me off because I don't know my dad I've been searching on the internet for years and I still can't find hime I would really like to at least talk or see him because I can't trust my mom any more its not her it's the drugs talk more ? EMAIL REMOVED
    SilviaPhd Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Nov 19, 2009, 06:00 AM

Synnen's right.. talk to your mother about it.
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Nov 21, 2009, 01:43 PM
    Since both of you are not considered an adult a search angel cannot morally or legally help you until you are of legal age. Yes, it is important to speak to your parents about it. But not all adoptive parents are forthcoming with information pertaining to their child when it comes to adoption, unfortunately.
    Therefore, please ask for their assistance and understanding first and foremost. And if you hit a road block, like many of us do, you will have to wait until you are of legal age to get assistance from a search angel and or learn to search for yourself.
    But there is absolutely no reason why you should not ask your parents to help. You are probably missing important information about yourself. Especially, medically speaking. And if this is something that you are concerned about please approach your parents with those concerns. It is a valid question when it comes to not being able to provide answers to your doctors. Or maybe, just looking at a picture in a magazine and seeing a man or woman that looks like you and acts like you and just makes you wonder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone know the best way to find a biological father? [ 19 Answers ]

I am searching for my biological father and I don't have much information to go on but I have tried lots of different sites and so far I have not found much or they cost lots of money which I don't have. He and my mother divorced when I was 3 and I haven't seen him since I have no pictures my...

How do I find my biological father [ 5 Answers ]

I have been looking for years to find him and I want to meet him

Looking to find my biological Father [ 1 Answers ]

His name is Phillip M Gregory he's from Texas He was in the army with my mother THEY WERE BOTH STATIONED IN FRANKFORT GERMANY IN 1978 WHEN I WAS BORN he is approxmately 48-49 years old I just want to find him. My mothers name was Joanne DeVries. I'm trying to find a way to contact him.

How do I find my biological father [ 6 Answers ]

I know my biological fathers name and former places he has lived, approximate age within a year, how do I find him

How do I find my biological father [ 3 Answers ]

I need to findmy biological father for free

View more questions Search