Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nasherr100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2006, 01:05 AM
    PC keyboard keys wrong
    My hp compaq nc6220 has wrong keys - to get a @ you type " and vice versa for example. I followed all the steps in a previous thread on this subject and note that when I go into device manager>hardware>keyboard and expand it, the only entry is "quick launch buttons" i.e. no device is specified. Can u advise please?

I am in UK and would like a standard UK english configuration.

Thanks
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Oct 12, 2006, 04:16 AM
    Open the Control Panel, go to Regional and Language Option you should get a window that has the Regional Options tab open. Select English (United Kingdom), at the bottom of the window select Location United Kingdom. Click on apply.
    In the bottom right of your screen (XP) on the task bar you have EN (?). Make sure that it is set to English (United Kingdom).

Reboot then you should be OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keys are stuck [ 3 Answers ]

For some reason a few the keys are not working on the keyboard. They are completely frozen. I hit the keys and nothing happens. Please help. Thank u!

How do I unlock my laptop keyboard - it types the wrong thing! [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, My Sony Viao laptop has some weird setting where you can change the keyboard letters to type numbers or symbols. I have no idea how I made this turn on and cannot figure out how to turn it off. Currently, if I type the letter "U" for example, the screen displays a 4. HELP!

Keyboard Some keys typing wrong symbols [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, The @ is where the " is and vise versa. The # is at the backstroke key and I haven't been able to find where the backstroke key is. The # key is now a £ sign. The ~ key is at the shift key above the backstroke and the ~ is ¬ key. Anyone any idea how I can change back to a normal keyboad...

Weighted keys? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone could explain to me what are weighted keys and non weighted keys on a keyboard. Thanks.

Certain keyboard keys stopped working (be glad it isn't yours) [ 21 Answers ]

once upon a time, there were 102 happy little keys that all worked on my creative prodikeys keyboard. The all of a sudden, bammy, the r, y, h, 7, I, and the k keys died. This happened when I was using my computer. A while later, the keys worked again. I said to myself that ''this must be a driver...

View more questions Search