Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melonmaniac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 10:51 AM
    I don't know what to do about this girl with a boyfriend
    I started flirting with this girl whose in a couple of my classes at college (england) and she flirts back quite a bit. Comes up to me in the middle of lessons giggling telling me something pointless then walks off, writing on my things etc then I found out she had a boyfriend of one of her friends even though she never mentioned him to me. When his name came up in conversation shed say he was just her friend offhandly. Now I don't know what to do. If I just tell her outright how I feel because I've been very wrong about this stuff before and she may be seriously put off, or she may not want to end it, but I won't cheat with her. I don't know what to do.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 10:55 AM
    I would say it is time to be direct.

If she is taken, then you have your answer.
    If she is not, then you can continue to get to know her.
    h_leann_b Posts: 247, Reputation: 35

Jun 19, 2009, 11:48 AM

Sometimes being friendly can sometimes come off as being flirty. But the fact that she down played the relationship she has with her boyfriend, it sounds like she was flirting. I think its OK to still be friends with her. Is she aware you know about her boyfriend? I think that as long as she isn't asking you to hang out with her alone then its not too big of a deal. If she tries to come on to you; tell her you are not the cheating type. But I wouldn't worry about that too much until it actually happens.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 19, 2009, 12:05 PM
    I admire you for having some personal standards, and questioning this girl's motives.

I would say she's searching for greener pastures, while her boyfriend has no idea anything is wrong.

My advice would be to not engage in flirting with her, take a few steps back, follow your instinct, and stay clear.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 19, 2009, 01:06 PM

When you have feelings for a girl, sometimes you interpret her friendly gestures as flirty, when she has no ulterior motives. If she is interested in you, then she's not treating her boyfriend fairly, but that would be her problem.

The suspicious part is when you asked her about her boyfriend and seems to have brushed off the question. It's time to be direct with her and find out whether she has a boyfriend from her directly. If she does, then she's off limits.

Don't let her mess around with your mind anymore.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 19, 2009, 03:16 PM

Don't let a flirty female make a fool of you. Since you really know nothing about her find out. If she has a guy and is flirty with you, for sure she will do the same to you, and that's a fact.

Ain't that much love in the world to be someone's zip damn fool plaything, so don't get carried away by her attention.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I like this girl but I don't know what to do [ 1 Answers ]

Well... oraund my school there's this girl that I like so much I can stop thinking about her. The problem is I don't know how to start talking to her. Sometime I fell like going up to her or writing a not or even telling my friend who knows her to tell ger how I fell... what should I do

Don't know about this girl [ 4 Answers ]

Well when becomes to the women I like, I can't read them,there is this girl the works in the gym the I go and every time I'm in the bicycle she is in the angle where she and I cuold see each other (I think o maybe is my imagination)i even try different ones and fives minutes later there she is...

I don't know if my girl just don't want me or if its time that we need. [ 3 Answers ]

OK, I been dating this girl for 11 months now and I like her a lot and stuff. But every since we started dating she had have a flirting problem with other guys, especially over the phone. But she doesn't go out with them or anything like that, she says that she doesn't know when she flirts that it...

I don't know what to do about this girl I'm seeing [ 20 Answers ]

Ok, so there's this girl lol; there is ALWAYS a girl, well OK we dated before and we been friends for a couple of years now; but OK we dated for about 6 months; this girl, in my eyes, has it all; head on her shoulders, smart, funny, beautiful, and virtues.. now here is where the problem stands; she...

Don't know what to do about this girl. [ 2 Answers ]

So Last year I started college at the time I had a girlfriend and I felt very close to her, but there was this other girl who was in the same field of study as me and I was instantly attracted to her and had kind of a off and on crush on her for a year. Now honestly during that time me and my...

View more questions Search