Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wonder-er Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 08:08 AM
    Rheumatoid Arthritis
    I am at my wits end! I have been seeing a Rheumatologist doctor for about 3 or 4 years. I have had one of the worst cases of knee swelling that he, and every other doctor that I have seen, has ever witnessed.
    My knee swells up with inflammation fluid ALL the time. It started happening just once every couple of months. Then progressed to every week. I just had arthroscopic knee surgery and it has not been better since. I just got the knee surgery 6 weeks ago. I have had my knee drained 3 times since then. The first time after surgery there was blood, which was expected. The last two times it has just been the normal yellow inflamed fluid. I just got it drained yesterday and it is already swollen again!
    I cannot live my life like this! I'm only 28 years old. I can't work. I used to be a union laborer. I did concrete work most of my adult life. So I have not been good to my body, but I can't do it no more. I do not know what to do any more! I am prescribed oxycontin. That is the only thing that makes my life bearable. I am also on Plaquenil. I have tried almost every kind of RA anti inflammatory drug on the market. I'm willing to try ANYTHING! My insurance is about to run out and I'm out of options!
    Please help me someone... I'm about to jump of a bridge... SERIOUSLY!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2009, 08:50 AM

You should try an alternatives dr. Some chiropractors are into alternative meds. You need to treat the root of the problem. These doctors are giving you stuff to cover and lessen the symptoms, not treating the root cause.
    For inflammation you need to change your diet first of all.
    Do you eat lots of potatoes, onions, peppers, spicy foods?

All about nightshades: explore the hidden hazards of your favorite food with macrobiotic nutritionist Lino Stanchich | New Life Journal | Find Articles at BNET

Inflammation and your health

Anti-inflammatory Foods - Controlling Inflammation with Anti-inflammatory Foods

Some supplements that are good for inflammation
    (do not take if taking anti inflammatory or some other meds)

Biflavoniods
    Boswellia
    Ginger

Safe with pretty much anything
    Turmeric
    Bromelain (pineapple enzyme)
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin D3
    Hylaronic acid (Wal Mart sells it in the vitamin aisle)

You can check with your dr if they are safe to take with meds but doctors often taboo anything natural.
    You can also check with an alternatives dr. A good one will help you change from the meds to the alternative. Never just switch, especially if it is something that interferes with the meds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

RA Arthritis [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I was just wondering if there is anyone out there that would know about a cure or something that could help my mother. She has RA arthritis and has been battling it for a few years now. Well now she is really bad and the pills prescribed by the doctor and treatments and her being a guinie pig...

Osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid Arthritis? [ 4 Answers ]

I work in USA on H1B. My mother (She is in India, 50 years old, 143 pounds, 5 feet) is suffering from joints pain since last 11 years. We have gone through so many test in India but doctors could not find the actual cause of pain and disease. RA factor is also negative. Some Doctors say it is...

Arthritis & hep-c [ 2 Answers ]

Need some help! Have suffered with severe rumatic symptoms for 5yrs, also have hep-c, have had liver byopsy which returned with no immediate danger or sign of cirroesis... treatment deferred for 5yrs due to this finding. Still suffering the severe symptoms of rumatoid arthritis and are being...

Arthritis [ 3 Answers ]

I've had Arthritis for many years, A few years ago I started taking Bextra and it was awesome, I felt like a kid again. Well they've taken it off the market, and I'm aching again. I am taking Glucosamine/Condroiten & Fishoil. It helps a little. Do you know of anything that will help with this 24/7...

Rheumatoid arthritis [ 2 Answers ]

I Am Desperate To Know Does Rhumatol Work To Help Rhuematoid Arthritis?

View more questions Search