Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Djr12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 02:17 AM
    I transferred
    Hi, really don't know where to start but I do my best to keep it short... I had been dating this girl for 3 months and we went to africa together and other parts of the world and now she has ask me for a large sum of cash due to financial problems she and her family is experiencing so I decide to transfer a very generous amount into her account and the next day I called her 3/4 times without an answer after after while she texts me to say please leave me alone and don't ever contact me again or I'll call the police, she also change her email/facebook account. I called her mum on the matter and she told me she deserved the money cause you were pressuring her in travelling... I am sooo confused. All I did was help her in her need and I get this.
    jmooney527 Posts: 200, Reputation: 83

Jun 19, 2009, 06:23 AM
    It sounds like she played you for your money. Were you actually dating her or was this an online romance with a trip to Africa thrown in?

Whatever it is... she obviously doesn't respect you and only cared about the money. I know you can't change the past, but next time don't give someone a large sum of cash, especially after only 3 months of dating.

You need to get over this girl and find someone who values and respects you, with or without money.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 07:32 AM

That is really unfortunate. Sometimes we learn things the hard way. It's the best but most inconvenient way to learn. It's probably not a good idea to give someone you don't know very well large sums of money.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 07:38 AM

It sounds like she scammed you. Was this online or were you actually dating, in the traditional sense?

You may have to chalk it up as a loss and move on. If you wanted to pursue it legally, you'd have to prove it was a loan and not a gift. And by the sound of things here, it sounds like you intended it as a gift so you may be out of luck.

As the others said, take this as a hard lesson and learn from it.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 09:25 AM

Sounds like she played you and used you for money + trips around the world. Then her mother got the nerves to say you pressured her daughter into going on those trips. What a load of bs!

I guarantee you was not the first person she did this to and you won't be the last but you put yourself out there.

Anytime you give someone a large sum of money and you want the money back make sure you put it in writing along with the two of you signature. This way you are protected in case you have to take her to court otherwise she could say it was a gift not a loan. And I bet you paid for her trip around the world so a judge would believe her over you.

Please note love don't cost a thing so be cautious with your money in the future and watch out for golddiggers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a mortgage and deed be transferred over from mother to son ? [ 1 Answers ]

We've been living in this house that we've been paying the mortgage for, for the past 5 years it's under my mom's name the house and the mortgage . We'd like to make it under our name the title and the mortgage . Does it have to be a sale transaction if it's between mother and son? Or can it be...

How do I get my probasion transferred [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get my Probasion tranfered from IL to MI

My Company transferred me and I need to break my lease! [ 5 Answers ]

HI and thank you for your concern: I am a personal banker at a global bank in New Jersey. I was transferred against my will. It was either be transferred or as the bank calls it get "served a severance package". As we all know this means take the transfer or leave the company! I am in a...

Received 2 W2's because I transferred between divisions of my company [ 7 Answers ]

I accepted a promotion form my company in August of last year. I moved from FL to OH late in the year. Since the promotion meant I was transferred to a different legal entity of my company I received two W2's for 2006. The problem is While one of the W2's had relocation expenses on it, I know my...

View more questions Search