Ask
    hoffmanyellow21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2006, 06:55 PM
    Pregancy
    Can u be pregnant if u had your period two days after having sex
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 12, 2006, 05:43 AM
    There is always a possibility of getting pregnant. No matter when. So my answer would be if you did not use any form of protection, then yes, you may be able to get pregnant if you had sex 2 days before getting your period.

Now, it is not normal, but it can happen.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Oct 12, 2006, 06:18 AM
    I don't see how there is a possibility, unless a pregnancy test was taken before hand and came out with a positive result.

I've had sex before and started my period the day after. Did not think I was pregnant...
    Expert

Oct 12, 2006, 06:57 AM
    It is all in how and when you ovulate. As I said above, it is not normal, but can happen.

While it is rare, it has been known to happen. You just can't rule this out and say "There is no way you can get pregnant if you have sex and start your period 2 days later" without a complete history and physical examination. Every woman is different, and rare occurrences do happen.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Oct 12, 2006, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    It is all in how and when you ovulate. As I said above, it is not normal, but can happen.

While it is rare, it has been known to happen. You just can't rule this out and say "There is no way you can get pregnant if you have sex and start your period 2 days later" without a complete history and physical examination. Every woman is different, and rare occurrances do happen.
    I understand what you are saying. Without knowing more to this general question, I would have answered with a "No". But you seem to be more knowledgeable on these kinds of answers as I've seen you answer many health questions on other threads. So I'm with you.:cool:
    Expert

Oct 12, 2006, 07:34 AM
    Thanks MO, and I agree there is much left out in the original post. So I had to cover all the bases.

Typically I would have answered NO also, but this time I had to read between the lines and cover everything here.

If this person comes back and gives more info, then maybe my answer will change.
    jlivingst15701 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2006, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffmanyellow21
    can u be pregant if u had your period two days after having sex
    Yes, it is possible to have your period into 3 months of pregnancy... it just depends when the egg is fertilized
    Jnet29 Posts: 88, Reputation: 13

Oct 12, 2006, 08:11 AM
    HI I think you should make a appointment with an obgyn doctor if you are planning to get pregnant so you and you soon to be baby will have a health start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregancy [ 6 Answers ]

My period is very irregular can I still come out pregnant even though the only way I get my period is by drinking birth control pills

Pregancy dilema [ 13 Answers ]

All right ladies here's a good one... had my period about the beginning of July.. around the 12th or so... me and the man have done it many time since then.. (raw dog)started feeling nauseous at night hungry all the time.. you know the classic pregnancy symptoms so I thought for sure that I was......

View more questions Search