Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wist coach Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 03:35 PM
    Divorce not final
    Hey guys, quick question. Had a bench trial all last week for the divorce, finally ended on Thursday after 3 days,with the judge not saying anything but, I will come to a final conclusion. Its been a week. What and how long does it take for an answer? Thanks, Jimmy
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2009, 04:52 PM

Could be done already, could be a week or two. Call his clerk and ask what the status is.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 18, 2009, 05:29 PM

Its going to depend on how many items need to be settled and how much of the law is put into effect to make the decision. It can take a month to sift through everything.
    wist coach Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 01:25 PM

Any thing that can be done with ex wife already talking new boy friend to new boyfriend and going out with him. Can I go out at all.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 19, 2009, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wist coach View Post
    Any thing that can be done with ex wife already talkin new boy friend to new boyfriend and going out with him. Can I go out at all.
    Sure you can go out with whom you like. The only thing your actually waiting on is the final for your divorce. What that really means is that should you want to marry you will have to wait until the first one is over. But dating is fine.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2009, 05:28 PM

Sometimes with a bench trial a Judge must wade through a lot of different subjects to make a final determination. If you had a lot of different items to have decided upon by the Judge, then he will take his time making a decision on them. I've seen Judges take up to two months to put everything down on paper. They are busy doing other cases and probably only devote just so much time every day or so to your case. Be patient. He/she will decide. He could have already made his final decisions and it's just a matter of his secretary getting to it in the dictation and typing it up. In the meantime, of course you can date. Just don't try and get married until you have the final paperwork in your hand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I try to go back and get husbands 401k after divorce is final? [ 8 Answers ]

Once a divorce is final, can you later go back and ask for the husbands 401k that you were entitled too? Reason being, I agreed during our separation with my husband whom at the time was very nice, and agreeable on both ends... mine and his, for the divorce, but I agreed with him that I would not...

How long to fully execute/sign final divorce [ 8 Answers ]

Hello: After more than 2 grueling years, our divorce is finally over. My ex-husband and I settled on 3/18/09. My lawyer had both of us sign the final settlement judgment the next week and mailed it to Sacramento's (CA) Family Court the first week of April. It has now been one month and the...

Final steps to complete divorce in California [ 3 Answers ]

Can any one help me? I reside in California and my attorney STINKS! I have pretty much done 75% of the leg work on getting my divorce filed. I just don't know how to get my divorce final! My soon to be ex has not responded to the paperwork he was served and we have no minor children. We have...

View more questions Search