Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momof2in05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 12:52 PM
    Taxes on in home daycare
    I watch a friends kids for her on a regular basis and she pays me monthly. She just informed me that she is going to claim me on her taxes as her childcare. Do I have to file taxes now because of this? I am a stay at home mom and have been for over 4 years so I haven't had to file in that long. I don't know if I have made enough to have to file though. But if I have and she claims me if I haven't filed will I get in trouble and will they take money from my husbands tax return? I'm so confused and don't know where to go for help!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 19, 2009, 08:56 AM
    Starting this year (2009), you need to file Schedules C and SE, claiming the income earned on the Schedule C, and deducting allowable expenses such as Business Use of the Home, plus the costs of feeding and entertaining your friend's children while they are under your care.

Since it is apparent that your friend did not claim the Child Care Credit on her return, I would not worry about amending your past years' tax returns to claim the income earned prior to 2009.

It WOULD be helpful if you stated what your monthly incomeis from this venture. If you want privacy, email me at [email protected], or send me a Private Message.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many children can you have at your in home daycare before getting a license? [ 3 Answers ]

How many children are you able to keep at an in home daycare before being required to get a state license? I have two children of my own already.

How do I start a home daycare in TN? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a home daycare provider in FL. In the county where I live, we have A LOT of stuff we have to do to get licensed and there are many requirements during licensing that we have to uphold through out the time that we are licensed. We had to put up new fence, haul in dirt and sod, childproof the...

What are all the things I can claim on my taxes (i.e. Daycare, gas? Etc.) [ 12 Answers ]

Florida resident, married with 1 dependent. I will be using an accountant for the first time this coming year and I want to be ready when I go see them for the first time. I would like to know what all the things are I can claim. I hear people claim gas and stuff but I don't want to cheat. I pay...

Daycare and the Taxes [ 4 Answers ]

Yes, It may sound odd but I have been doing daycare for the past 8 months and totally forgot about the taxes part. I was recently notified that they were going to claim me as there daycare provider this year and I have not kept any receipts. I wanted to know If I could claim square footage (which I...

Daycare and Home Ownership requirement? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am a owner of a home in which my fiancée does daycare out of. I guess I have a few questions as to what we should do to help her with the end of the year tax situation. Will she have to be on the Deed (and/or) Mortgage in order for her to deduct items such as the driveway we put in? The...

View more questions Search