Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    henriettabinns Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 09:09 AM
    How do I prorate rent?
    Lease starts July3, ends July 2. Rent is paid on 7th day each month. Thank you.
    h_leann_b Posts: 247, Reputation: 35

Jun 18, 2009, 09:45 AM

Generally the easiest way to pro-rate rent is to figure out how much it costs per day; take the amount of the rent and divide by the days in the month.

So for example if the rent was $800/month you would divide 800 by 30(days in the month); which ends up being about $26.67/day. So if they were staying 10 days out of a month it would be about $266.70 (26.67{amount per day} X 10 {days staying})

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to prorate monthly rent [ 2 Answers ]

I Need To Know How To Properly Prorate Monthly Rent If Anyone Can Please Provide A Formula That Would Be Very Much Appreciated

Prorate rent [ 6 Answers ]

Please tell me the correct way to pro rate rent for a tenant who is moving in on the 10th of the month. Thank you

Prorate Rent? [ 1 Answers ]

We live in an apartment and our rent is 365 a month. In December we were out of electric for 8 days and the house was unliveable! It was 10 degrees outside and so we stayed at famalies. The landlord is still wanting the 365 for that month but we only gave her 300 cause I was out of work those...

Landloard refusing to Prorate rent. [ 2 Answers ]

On August 1 I was suppose to move into my new apartment in Milwaukee, WI but the property manager contacted me and told me that they were in the process of painting the floors and wouldn't be dry for a few days and we wouldn't be able to move into the apartment until the third. We then wrote a...

How do I prorate rent? [ 2 Answers ]

Can you give me the formula to prorate a lessee rent?

View more questions Search