Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    predding Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 07:28 AM
    Unexplained Arm Pain
    I have had unexplained upper arm pain (between the shoulder and elbow) on both arms for the last 3 years. The pain feels like I'm so cold that it hurts. Sitting in air conditioning makes it worse. No one has been able to help me understand what is wrong. I'm a cancer survivor so I was told by one physician that it could be peripheral neurathapy and another said he didn't think so. Can anyone help?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 18, 2009, 07:34 AM

Hi predding, it could be something as simple as arthritis. Has that occurred to anyone ? That would explain the cold air making it worse.

Tick

Jun 18, 2009, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    hi predding, it could be something as simple as arthritis. Has that occurred to anyone ? That would explain the cold air making it worse.

tick
    Arthritis is inflammation of the joints. My pain is not in the joints on my arms.
    Expert

Jun 18, 2009, 11:15 AM

Hi, predding, let me explain first, I am in healthcare. Yes arthritis is inflammation of the joints but arthritis can manifest itself when range of motion in a limb is limited and painful. You don't have to feel it in the joints, but when they are compromised, then the muscle and ligature are compromised and painful as well.

Tick

Jun 18, 2009, 11:43 AM
    OK. Would this pain manifest as feeling extremely cold just in my upper arms? How can I be sure? What type of test should I have to determine this?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 10:45 AM

Not knowing your age,or sleeping habits or exercise habits, I'll just offer up my experience.

My upper arm hurts(shoulder to elbow) when I wake up in the morning and all day. There is pressure on it all night when I sleep(I have only been sleeping on one side for some time).

That's about all I can think of at the present time. :)

Best wishes,
    Expert

Jun 20, 2009, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by predding View Post
    OK. Would this pain manifest as feeling extremely cold just in my upper arms? How can I be sure? What type of test should I have to determine this?
    An MRI

Tick
    Expert

Jun 20, 2009, 11:56 AM

predding, we can't diagnose here, we don't know you, can't see you and you haven't given us very much information to go on, other then the cold and the sore arm. Are you on any medications? Have you been diagnosed with medical conditions ?

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unexplained activities [ 1 Answers ]

I should probably start by saying I consider myself to be a normal, well adjusted 50 year old man. I try to keep an open mind regarding things I don't understand but maintain a bit of skepticism when people make claims of paranormal activity. I found this site while I was doing an internet search...

Unexplained itching [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have been continuously itching for the last 2 weeks - and I am not able to pin-point the source. The itching makes me scratch which ends up tearing the skin and resulting in bruises in some cases; while in some instances the area just shows small red dots and in some cases, I have small red...

Unexplained Stomach Pain [ 2 Answers ]

:o Hello. I'm a teenage and I have a bad stomach problem. Since this Tuesday my stomach has been hurting as if I have gas or have to "handle some business" in the bathroom. But I go nothing happens. I can only urinate but nothing else. But I'll sill have this gasious feeling in my stomach...

Unexplained itching [ 1 Answers ]

I have been itching on myabdomen along the ribs and around me bra line around to my back without any rash most of the time. Once, about a week ago I saw some red pin prick-like spots on part of my abdomen but they went away in a few days. Also, the back of my head down to my neck also itshes but...

Unexplained experiences [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am new here and I hope you can answer my questions. We lived in a house a few years back that we almost bought but really strange things happened there. Our youngest son, who was about one and a half years old at the time, saw things in this house. You could hear someone come into the...

View more questions Search