Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chasepotterbain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 06:45 AM
    Dog chewing leather furniture, is there a product to apply on furniture?
    My 12 week lab puppy loves to chew on our leather furnitre. We have many toys and try to detur him from biting with introducing a toy when he bites the leather furniture and also tried frozen wash cloths. We use a firm NO! But almost seems to get more playful and thinks it's a game. Can I use bitter apple on my leather furniture? I'm afraid it might stain. Is there any other product I can use? HELP!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2009, 07:31 AM

I found this bitter spray product but it says to test on an inconspicuous area first...
    Dog Behavior Training: Drs. Foster and Smith Chew Stop®

I'll keep searching!
    I have a leather couch too so it would be handy to know...
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2009, 07:32 AM
    Found one!
    FOOEY™ Ultra-Bitter Spray “The Most Bitter Stuff on Earth™ (16oz) - Training Aids - TodaysDog.com
    spleenless9 Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

Jun 28, 2009, 06:31 AM
    Be careful handling stuff sprayed with FOOEY! I use it to stop one of my cats from chewing wires, and it works pretty good. The only problem is even after a month or so, if you handle anything sprayed with it, you can taste it on food you eat by hand. And it does taste nasty! Good luck!
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2009, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spleenless9 View Post
    Be careful handling stuff sprayed with FOOEY! I use it to stop one of my cats from chewing wires, and it works pretty good. The only problem is even after a month or so, if you handle anything sprayed with it, you can taste it on food you eat by hand. And it does taste nasty! Good luck!
    Thanks for the tip!
    I haven't used it personally but it was the only one I could find that specifically said safe for leather.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 28, 2009, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spleenless9 View Post
    That may be the greatest product testemonial I have ever seen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can you use lace curtains with leather and fabric furniture? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm redecorating and have a huge window in my living room with beautiful cream colored lace curtains. I want to get a black sofa to go with my red and tan walls. The carpeting is cream/tan blend. I plan to get a fabric chair and add pillows to match on the black sofa. Would my lace curtains...

History of leather top furniture [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me the history of leather top furniture, was it due to the lack of other materials during a war or something?

Leather topped furniture repair [ 1 Answers ]

We have several pieces of old leather-topped furniture (end tables, coffee table, etc). One piece has a fairly recent water spot on it. Is there any way to remove/repair that spot?

Mixing colors of leather furniture.(with pictures) [ 2 Answers ]

We have a saddle colored leather sofa that is 6.5 years old now with 2 matching ottomans. This is in a family room/gameroom of our house. There are no tables as a lot of TV watching/game playing etc. happens in the center of the floor - usually on bean bags. I would like to add a rocker/recliner...

Leather Furniture Repair [ 3 Answers ]

How do I repair a huge hole in leather furniture??

View more questions Search