Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sig43rid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 06:08 AM
    Copies of old bank statements
    How do I get copies of old bank and credit card statements? I need from 1996 to 2008 and what can they charge for this?
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Jun 19, 2009, 08:15 AM
    Your bank should be able to provide those. Banks archive records and save them forever. Records pulled from the archive may look different than your normal monthly statement, but the information will be there. How much they charge you will depend on the bank. I do not believe there is any set fee for such a service.
    cindi42 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2011, 09:42 AM
    Well I just had the same problem... an old bank account (bank one) which Chase now owns... the department of commerce sent me a letter about property over $1000 which was a payck that was deposited I am taking it I don't know but it was received at bank on dec97 I called chase and they don't keep any records of old accounts or money left from accounts after 7years... which totally suks
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 15, 2011, 11:31 AM

Cindi - you're trying to locate info about a paycheck you deposited back in 1997, and this issue has only just recently come up? This just doesn't sound right - perhaps if you gave us more info about the nature of the inquiry that you got from the department of commerce we could help...
    cindi42 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2011, 02:42 PM
    That's what I thought also... BUT according to them today they ONLY save now for a period of 7 years...
    Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 08:18 AM

I don't doubt that the bank saves records for only 7 years. What I don't understand is why in 2011 the Commerce Department is asking you to produce proof of a deposit you made in your bank account back in 1997.
    perkplace Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 04:39 PM
    I went to my credit union they could only pull up records from 2005 I need 2002-2004 they said they destroyed them what should I do. I need them badly.
    marquetta white Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2012, 11:52 AM
    I need help finding old statements from nbd bank that was my child hood bank just sitting around thinking about a lot of stuff and said I had a bank account when I was a child so how to go about getting help
    Mariodelves Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2013, 11:06 PM
    I sold a Real Estate Property back in 2005 and I have a check that I have not cash and the is Bank is no longer on business but I think was absorb by Wells Fargo ,what canI do ? Please help my email address is [email protected]
    Expert

Apr 30, 2013, 05:38 AM
    A check from 2005 would be no good even if the bank was still around.

You need to go back to the payer of the check and ask them to resiisue a new one to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Copies of w-2 [ 2 Answers ]

My husbands boss is in the hospital with cancer and We have no way of getting our 2008 w-2 .it was only him and my husband working and he did all of the payroll himself. Is there a way we can get them now

W-2 copies [ 2 Answers ]

I need a copy of my W-2 forms for 2007 I received from unemployment. How do I go about obtaining a copy?

About my probation officer coming to my house taking bank statements. [ 7 Answers ]

Well the other day my probation officer came to my house well five of them did and went through my things. They took bank statements and my check book. I wasn't there but my girlfriend was. They told her to tell me to call them to see if I could get my papers back.. I'm on probation for fake...

Old bank statements [ 2 Answers ]

Can I get old bank statements from my bank?

Old Bank Statements [ 1 Answers ]

I need to get copies of some old bak statements but the account was closed and I did not pay the overdraft fees. Now I need copies so how can I get them without going to the bank direct as I feel they will try and make me pay my outstanding fees associated with that account?

View more questions Search