Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bathroomsmell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 05:30 AM
    Smell from sink and bath waste
    There is a smell coming from both the sink and waste outlets in the bathroom. Caustic Soda has been flushed through and the outside drain has also been flushed. What can be done to eliminate smell?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 18, 2009, 05:54 AM
    For hathroom sink smells The first thing you should do is pull the stopper and shine a light down the drain. You will see a small rod down there. Hair can catch and build up on this rod and impede the flow. Take and hook any hair that may be down there.. Afterward flush the drain with hot water. Place a hook on a pierce of wire and see if you can fish out any hair in the tub drain. Let me know if you need more.. tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bath Drain Waste and Vent For Bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here is my original project I was working on but while read plumbing books I came across something that made me address my other post about the sewer smell in the upstairs sink. Anyway, this is a master bath project on the first floor. Attached is a diagram based off what I was thinking...

Smelly shower in bath and same smell in another bath [ 1 Answers ]

I have a musky smell coming from one of my shower drains. The strange thing is there is the same odor in my powder room which only has a sink and toilet. The smell doesn't seem to be coming from either sink or toilet. In shower, I have removed the drain cover and removed all hair, etc. from...

Sewage smell from sink drains in main bath and kitchin sink [ 1 Answers ]

We just bought our first house they ran a new sewage line from all sinks,toilets,tubs,and washer to main line and replace main line to city main. The main bath sink is the worst it smells my sons room and hall way. Is the pipe to small main is 4in and vent is 2in. We have 2 full baths with...

View more questions Search