Ask
    conquestboxers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 03:57 PM
    Red wine storage temperature
    What is the optimum temperature for storing red wine
    dawgsnkats Posts: 130, Reputation: 7

Jun 18, 2009, 12:55 PM

Boxers,
    It really depends on which type of red you are trying to store and their associative tanins. Typically the best temp for most red wines is 50-60 degrees. This should work for all reds. If you get to the point you need a certain temp for a certain wine, then more research will need to be done. If you have cases, you may try to contact the winery for info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking wine vs dry red wine [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all: Thank you for reading/responding to this post. I am making what I hope will be a rich, yummy roasted onion soup... the recipe calls for dry red wine... my wife picked up a red cooking wine... will this work, or be too strong? Or should I just go get that dry red wine..? Any help...

Wine storage [ 2 Answers ]

How long can I store a bottle of 1996 "chateau les ormes de pez" saint-estephe?

Wine Value [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how much a 1972 magnum of Rothschild Mouton-Cadet Bordeaux is worth? Any ideas?

Outside Temperature and Indoor Water Temperature [ 1 Answers ]

I just have a general plumbing question. I live in a 4 year old luxury apartment building downtown and we have had an issue with our water temperature for the past month. (there is no cold/cool water... it is all hot - out of all the faucets). The building management is trying to say that this is...

Red wine storage [ 14 Answers ]

Red wine. Some people after opening it store it for long periods. I have opened a bottle of wine but there is no way I am going to drink it all at once. Some places say it stays good in the fridge for only 3 or 5 days. Then I here it is better to serve it at room temperature. My questions, how long...

View more questions Search