Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 7, 2007, 06:28 PM
    YUCKIE!!

Sentra I want a pair of shoes like those!!

Do you think they would look good in a nursing uniform. LOL.. NOT!!

But I love them anyway!!
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Feb 7, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Thanks and same to you!!

... not the kind of nursing uniform in an actual hospital... hahaha!:)
    Expert

Feb 7, 2007, 06:34 PM
    LMAO.

It is so nice to be back in the Lounge. It has been a while, but a great breath of fresh air!!

WooHoo, party at my place!! I just got into the Who's Who Among Students!!

71 people in my school were chosen and I was one. I contacted the school and it is legit.

I don't know why I was picked though my GPA is not all that great. But I will take it if I can add it to my CV!!

Feb 7, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Yay! Gratz J_9! :)
    Expert

Feb 7, 2007, 06:39 PM
    TY Sentra!! This only happens once a year, and when I was in high school I was a D- student (and I tried HARD). I feel like I got a brand new lease on life with this. I feel YOUNG again!!

Feb 7, 2007, 06:43 PM
    That's so great, very cool and congrats isn't a good enough word!:) You ARE young, age is just the number of years we've made living worthwhile!!
    Expert

Feb 7, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Oh, girl I love that!! "Age is just the number of years we've made living worthwhile." I will have to remember that one!!

Yes I may be 42, but sometimes I feel 22. The older you are, and the older you feel is the older you get.
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Oh, come on, we have to revive The Lounge. Don't want it to end on post #666 do we?

Very bad sign.

So, who as the Kool Aid? I am about to open the pool yet again for another season.

Taking bar-B-que requests.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Sorry J_9, I got caught up in trying to answer a question and didn't see you.

I liked Synnen's post, on your "30" post, about the bottle opener. Very true. I had bought a cheapie back in my college days that had a key chain on it. It was a nice handy little doodad. I only lost it about three years ago. Boy, am I sad case. I was just thinking that when I was a real mover and shaker in my younger days, all glammed up for the big city job, managing and running companies, I was still running around with that freakin' thing. No wonder everyone always invited me out for drinks after work!
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Hey, let's move this party over to The Looney Bin
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Thanks for the invite J-9.
    I forgot about the good old lounge.
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Come on over to The Looney Bin Tuscany
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Here is a story about anxiety in the highest degree!!!

Pretend you have to take a test that your career depends on. You are only given 1 1/2 hours for the test. Your instructor is 20 minutes late. She passes out a test with over 200 math problems on it, and there are 9 pages. The problems are in no way shape or form what she has taught.

Now, you must get a minimum of a 75% on your test or you lose your career.

She is 20 minutes late. Did I say that? About 10 minutes before the test is scheduled to end, and after a few people finish and leave the class, the teacher says "I am so sorry I must have made this test too hard. I promise that all of you will pass this test. I will have to make a big curve for you all to pass, but you will pass."

5 minutes later she comes back into class and says "Your favorite nursing instructor has given you as much time as you need to finish this test. Just remember that you all will pass. I promise."

5 minutes later she announces that we have only 15 minutes left. What happened to "all the time we need?"

After 90% of the class finishes and leaves under the assumption that there will be a "big curve" and that we "all will pass," she announces to the remaining 10% that "since you have had extra time there will be no need to curve the grade."

Now understand that she gave us a study guide, told us what reviews in the book to do. "The test will be just like the cumulative review on page such and such." The test was NOTHING like that!!!

100% of the class feels as though they failed the test. I have to wait 24 hours to find out if I have been kicked out of nursing school because of this one wacko teacher.

This will be the longest 24 hours of my life. I already have high blood pressure, I don't need this load of crap!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to unload, just had to get it out.

Now this!!!??? What happened to The Lounge??????

Oh, I need to go back to bed and start all over.
    After my original schooling, I hit upon lots of teacher like this, wanted to smack them right in the head with a head of cabbage, (less fattening), they generally don't care, their working on their doctrates or whatever... Don't despair, if you've gotten this far you can continue. In the one class I took, (over and over till I was dizzy. 3 times) I finally ended up knowing more than the next professor!! Personally I doubt if you failed, the people that have ulcers and IBS in college, are generally the ones that pass, truly I am one. and I know that you are equally as dedicated in your field!!
    If baldness could have occurred, I'd be shinining right now. When you know that you are true to your field and you've studied till your blind, I doubt that you'll fail, especially you!! Sorry I have too much faith in you!! Don't sweat the small s----! We love what we do and therefore I believe even though we think we're going to fail we,don't!! Relax, have some fun with the kids, take a low fat, low sugar, chill pill, it'll be all right!! Trish!! :D
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Hey, let's move this party over to The Looney Bin
    J9---Don't want to hear about ole age from young wippersnappers like you, My kids gave me a perfect Mug a couple of years ago (months... ) it's betty boop (my idol), it says, while she's posing ever so sexily, Honey, 50's not old... And although I'll never tell anyone my real age, it's cool, I don't act old, feel old, or look old, life has been good. And Oil of Olay is a miracle drug!! lol. I raised 4 kids alone, ate good food, exercised, chasing after the hooligans, and worked hard. And when I look at some women my age, I say thank you God! I may have been without some stuff, but, I have perfect health, a good body, not on any kind of drugs and life is great!! So think ahead what you got to look forward too!! Lots of good stuff, believe me... :D
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Oh, girl I love that!!! "Age is just the number of years we've made living worthwhile." I will have to remember that one!!!

Yes I may be 42, but sometimes I feel 22. The older you are, and the older you feel is the older you get.
    Exact'alac'alacaly, Nubers like age, don't count, you just age like fine wine!! (Believe me, I truly know this Stuff!! ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Original Lounge [ 1624 Answers ]

Well, folks, I thought I would start a thread that has absolutely NO subject. So, welcome to The Lounge. A great place to chit-chat about everything and nothing. No matter what you want to say here will be off-topic. The menu: Coffee (Val I made it just for you) Kool-aid for Tal I have...

View more questions Search