Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sunflower811 View Post
    Maybe he did regret his decision, but at the same my friend still has feelings for him. She has no clue on what to do, and I have no clue on what to tell her
    I would tell her the best indication of future behavior is past behavior.
    He disrespected her and broke up,going back to him will most likely produce more of the same.
    They are casual friends and since they are not bickering,it would be acceptable to say hi if they meet on the street.
    He gave her no encouragement after the fathers day greeting and that indicates that he has moved on,she needs to do the same.
    You can't make someone want to be with you.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jun 24, 2009, 02:31 PM

Justwantfair... typically when people want to know what their "friend" should do or not do they are the friend. I'm surprised at the amount of energy this OP is putting into this question and answer session. I really believe that she is the "friend". I also want to apologize for calling our sunflower out in my previous posting on here. I would truly hate to think that it was her and that she contacted the ex that she had on the side when she was asking us before if she should or shouldn't? Too coincidently I guess.
    sunflower811 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2009, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMewiththat View Post
    Justwantfair....typically when people want to know what their "friend" should do or not do they are the friend. I'm surprised at the amount of energy this OP is putting into this question and answer session. I really believe that she is the "friend". I also want to apologize for calling our sunflower out in my previous posting on here. I would truly hate to think that it was her and that she went ahead and contacted the ex that she had on the side when she was asking us before if she should or shouldn't? too coincidently I guess.
    No It's two different situation here, yes my friend and I are in similar situations, but it's completely different. This guy dumped through a text message, when my guy just stopped calling me after a hit and run, I am putting a lot of energy into my friend question because she's like family to me and I don't want to guide her the wrong way, it's bad enough I am unable to solve my own situation let alone hers.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 07:09 AM
    No It's two diffrent situation here, yes my friend and I are in similar situations, but it's completly different. This guy dumped through a text message, when my guy just stoped calling me after a hit and run, I am putting alot of energy into my friend question because she's like family to me and I don't want to guide her the wrong way, it's bad enough I am unable to solve my own situation let alone hers.
    I feel that you have received ample guidance. I just haven't perceived that you are willing to hear adequate guidance because you only want to hear that she should be trying to facilitate a friendship, possible relationship in the future, with this man. That is typical for the emotionally involved, not the unbiased bystander in the situation.

Jun 25, 2009, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    I feel that you have received ample guidance. I just haven't perceived that you are willing to hear adequate guidance because you only want to hear that she should be trying to facilitate a friendship, possible relationship in the future, with this man. That is typical for the emotionally involved, not the unbiased bystander in the situation.
    Don't get me wrong, I understand what you are saying, I just like to put myself in other people's shoes sometimes, and I kind of know what she's feeling. I've told her numerous time to get let it go. All of a sudden this guy is calling around to get updates on her after dumping her, Im just getting a since that she would forgive him even after the fact, That's why I'm trying to find the perfect solution for her.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 07:26 AM
    He is calling around checking up because he thought she was too attached.
    When she didn't cling to him when he dumped her, he thought well shoot... why isn't she?
    She has/had the upper hand because he thought she didn't care.
    You confirmed it by telling him that she is moved on and fine.
    He only wants the upper hand back, that she be groveling at his feet for him.
    That will just make her feel lower about herself.
    It won't make the relationship work out.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jun 25, 2009, 07:28 AM
    Don't get me wrong, I understand what you are saying, I just like to put my self in other people's shoes sometimes, and i kinda know what she's feeling. I've told her numerous time to get let it go. All of a sudden this guy is calling around to get updates on her after dumping her, Im just getting a since that she would forgive him even after the fact, Thats why I'm trying to find the perfect solution for her.
    I would suggest since you have a problem that you feel is unresolved, in your hit it and quit it guy, I would really recommend that you concentrate on your own soul searching. Allow your friend to come to her own resolution regardless of what that might be. I say that because you don't seem to understand that you are unable to "find the perfect solution for her". She has to find it herself, even if it means that she will end up back with this guy and he hurts her again. It's her path, her journey. She will have to learn and bounce back on her own. You're a good friend to want to help, but be a better friend and just be there for her. NO MATTER WHAT!;)

Jun 25, 2009, 10:17 AM
    He is calling around checking up because he thought she was too attached.
    When she didn't cling to him when he dumped her, he thought well shoot... why isn't she?
    She has/had the upper hand because he thought she didn't care.
    You confirmed it by telling him that she is moved on and fine.
    He only wants the upper hand back, that she be groveling at his feet for him.
    That will just make her feel lower about herself.
    It won't make the relationship work out.
    That makes a lot of since, I never thought of it that way. Since he thought she was to attach, it's shocking to him that she's not even trying to sweat him, do you think by her sending that happy father's day text, that gave him the upper hand?

Jun 25, 2009, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMewiththat View Post
    I would suggest since you have a problem that you feel is unresolved, in your hit it and quit it guy, I would really recommend that you concentrate on your own soul searching. Allow your friend to come to her own resolution regardless of what that might be. I say that because you don't seem to understand that you are unable to "find the perfect solution for her". She has to find it herself, even if it means that she will end up back with this guy and he hurts her again. It's her path, her journey. She will have to learn and bounce back on her own. Your a good friend to want to help, but be a better friend and just be there for her. NO MATTER WHAT!;)
    Yeah you are right, but she tries to help me to, I'm just trying to return the favor
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 11:08 AM
    That makes alot of since, I never thought of it that way. Since he thought she was to attach, it's shocking to him that she's not even trying to sweat him, do you think by her sending that happy father's day text, that gave him the upper hand?
    Most definitely, he has the ball back.
    He knows she isn't moved on like you portrayed to him.
    If she keeps up NC, hopefully she will clear her head to see him as the loser he is and then she won't be groveling for him to think she is weak and needy.

Jun 25, 2009, 11:37 AM
    Most definately, he has the ball back.
    He knows she isn't moved on like you protrayed to him.
    If she keeps up NC, hopefully she will clear her head to see him as the loser he is and then she won't be groveling for him to think she is weak and needy.
    What does NC mean? I mean I didn't see any harm in her sending a father's day text to him, saying that was just a general thing you can say to anyone, now if she had told me she kept going on with asking him questions, like opening up a conversation, I would have probably say OK, he definitely has the upper hand, but from what she told me, she simply sent a happy fathers day text, then he replied "what a surprise darling, thanks" then she replied "Your Welcome" That was the end of that, can you still honestly say he has the upper hand?
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 11:40 AM
    Depends on how he takes it.
    Yes it was a simple text, but it also means that he is still on her mind, not moved on the way you projected.
    Or it could be taken by him to be a simple gesture.

NC is no contact.

Jun 25, 2009, 12:22 PM
    Depends on how he takes it.
    Yes it was a simple text, but it also means that he is still on her mind, not moved on the the way you projected.
    Or it could be taken by him to be a simple gesture.

NC is no contact.
    I really hopes so, I did tell her, if this guy really want her, he will call, and if he doesn't, then he doesn't, but for her not to call him, no matter how tempted she may feel, and believe me I know what it feels like to be tempted. She did say "ok" she won't call
    scenegirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 12:49 AM

IŽd advise..
    To just let it go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I do if my best friend doesn't want to be my friend anymore [ 9 Answers ]

So me and my best friend got into a fight saying that I was ruinning her relationship with her boyfriend and that I was talking to him too much. So then she says she doesn't want to be my friend anymore what should I do about this

How should I tolerate my best friend with another girl who was also my best friend? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi to all here is my story I loved a guy... I proposed him he said you are very good friend really I can't loose u... our relation became very strong we two became my best friend rather he also considers me best friend... a girl who was my best friend always said you two are made for each other......

Slept with my neighbour/friend/ex's friend/he has a girlfriend [ 20 Answers ]

So I was drinking at my friends house when he showed up just in time to give me a ride home and we've lived across the road from each other for quite some time now and we were friends in grade 7 until now... we're both 19. I had a great night with him we were up until 6 and woke up at 9: 30 to do...

I fall in love with my best friend he still considers me just dear friend can I chang [ 6 Answers ]

I want to know if I can change the way he loves me , knowing that he always loves to talk with me Can this change? Can we become good couple? Thanks all...

Answer for my friend [ 2 Answers ]

My friend was adopted and it was a closed adoption. She is 24 years old and wants to find her birth mother, What steps can she take

View more questions Search