Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elily00 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 07:14 AM
    Blood Blister?
    Hi,

This is not for the faint of heart...

I have some type of blood blister on my forehead, and can't figure out how to get rid of it. It started as a zit, which bled heavily when I accidentally scratched it. Then, it seems like the blood clotted into something that looks like a raised mole (only bigger, and bright red). Each time it bleeds it gets bigger and bleeds more than before. It seriously gushes blood. It doesn't hurt except if irritated by scratching or pulling. It has much the same texture as a mole, but is very very thick. I have tried popping it (admittedly not the best idea, but I'm getting desperate), and it's very tough to do- it just produces a small hole on the side that gushes. I've had this thing for about 2 months.

Ok, before this gets even grosser I'm going to stop. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm about to go to a dermatologist, but just wanted to check here first.

Thanks!
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 07:17 AM

Hmm... yeah I think you made the right move by making a doctor's appt. That's what most of us would have suggested to you anyway. Good luck! Keep us posted.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 07:21 AM

Leave it alone. Stop picking at it because you're only making it worse and more likely to get infected.
    elily00 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 07:27 AM
    I have been leaving it alone. I tried popping it last night only because I have no idea what else to do. It has been sitting there getting bigger, and it had been about 2 weeks since it last bled (accidentally).
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 07:56 AM

Have you tried warm compresses? That could help alleviate some of the swelling...

Definitely go see the doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Blister on heal [ 3 Answers ]

I have started to walk everyday. I have got a large blister on my heal of my foot. Should I drain it? What should I do? I do not want to start walking.

Bassett Puppy with blister [ 4 Answers ]

My 10 month old Bassett Hound has developed one pencil-eraser-end-sized blister filled with a yellowish fluid. It seems a little sensitive. Her appetite seems good and the other abnormalities are that she seems to urinate more excessively and seems a little warmer in temperature than normal. ...

View more questions Search