Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snippy07 Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Sep 25, 2009, 08:51 AM

Thanks guys I agree, I actually just went on a date lastnight with this other girl. Had a great time, but she just got out of a 8month relationship 3 weeks ago. She said she likes me and that I'm very sweet, but she wants to stay single right now because she likes it. But she said she thinks we have a good chance of dating in the future. Not sure why she likes being single, is it because she needs more time to move on?

I feel like I have moved on from my 13 month relationship and it's only been like 10 days or something... Finding out she cheated on me helped me to move on though because that made me realize the kind of person she is.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 25, 2009, 09:00 AM
    I think she just likes her freedom and the idea of having fun and meeting people and she wants her options open. That's fine and healthy, as there should be no hurry to be in an exclusive relationship, plus it's way to soon for that for you I think.

Going from a failed relationship to a new one is a disaster as too much, to soon, crash and burn.

Dating is all about having fun getting to know some one, not rushing into something with a stranger, just to say you have someone. Relax, and enjoy the freedom, the options, and opportunities of being single.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2009, 09:03 AM
    Just enjoy dating and being single for some time. You still need to truly get over your ex before you get involved with someone else.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 25, 2009, 09:13 AM
    There is no magic time-frame for healing from a break-up.

Give yourself some more time before even contemplating another full relationship. If you haven't worked through the hurt and pain, it could end up making you insecure in your next relationship.

Sep 25, 2009, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I think she just likes her freedom and the idea of having fun and meeting people and she wants her options open. Thats fine and healthy, as there should be no hurry to be in an exclusive relationship, plus it's way to soon for that for you I think.

Going from a failed relationship to a new one is a disaster as to much, to soon, crash and burn.

Dating is all about having fun getting to know some one, not rushing into something with a stranger, just to say you have someone. Relax, and enjoy the freedom, the options, and opportunities of being single.
    She's not a stranger, I work with her and we've talked when we were both in relationships. But I get where you are going with this.. so I won't rush it. She does want to see me again today, so I probably will.

Before I get a lecture on not dating a co-worker. We only work together for like a hour tops and only like one day a week. She also works at other stores so if anything bad did happen, she would probably just work at those other stores and not mine. :)

Thanks everybody for the advice. :D
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 25, 2009, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by snippy07 View Post
    She's not a stranger, I work with her and we've talked when we were both in relationships. But i get where you are going with this.. so i won't rush it. She does want to see me again today, so I probably will.

Before i get a lecture on not dating a co-worker. We only work together for like a hour tops and only like one day a week. She also works at other stores so if anything bad did happen, she would probably just work at those other stores and not mine. :)

Thanks everybody for the advice. :D
    There is nothing wrong for two people who are friends to go out together to just blow steam and have fun. Companionship can be a wonderful thing. Even more important than romance at times.

Look at it not as getting into a new 'romantic' relationship. Look at it as two friends sharing a good time.

Sep 25, 2009, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    There is nothing wrong for two people who are friends to go out together to just blow steam and have fun. Companionship can be a wonderful thing. Even more important than romance at times.

Look at it not as getting into a new 'romantic' relationship. Look at it as two friends sharing a good time.
    I agree, but I would eventually like to get with her.

The thing I don't want is the same thing that happened 2 years ago I liked this girl a lot and we were just friends for like 2-3 months. We became best friends and still are. When I finally asked her out she said she would love to but she doesn't want to ruin our friendship... so we never did date. I know she liked me too because she had told me a month before I asked her and told her friends who would tell me.

So I don't want the same thing to happen with this girl. I mean I would love to be friends if that is all I could get. But I want to give it a shot and date her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 25, 2009, 11:55 AM

I think all us guys would love to get with a lot of females we see, and meet, given we are single, and free (well, I was at one time), but the reality is females have other ideas about giving us what we want, and when we want it, and how we want it.

Not all of them feel the way you want them to. Just something to deal with. Thank God, there are so many of them. So don't get to hung up on one that doesn't want what you want.
    superchris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2012, 03:52 AM
    I'm going through the same thing with my girlfriend. She says she love very much. She also feels that she isn't good enough for me. My long distance relationship is really tough. I feel that she is worth it. She says she doesn't want to break up, but when I initiated it, she calls me back and tells me she didn't want that. She told me it was about her. She didn't feel that she could treat me better than I have treated her. She is in her junior year of college and feel that she has to do things on her own. Now we back together and we are spending spring break together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord Requiring 2 month Vacating Notice on 3 month (month to month) lease [ 21 Answers ]

I am in a situation and am in need of some advice. I am currently renting an apartment in Minneapolis. I am doing an internship which only requires me to live here for 3 Months. I signed a lease with a complex on a month to month basis. I planned to Move out at the end of April, so on march 1 I...

Upstate NY Month to Month lease termination- Prorated rent after 1st of next month? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, As a month to month renter in Rochester, NY (outside the city) with no lease, I gave notice on June 3 that I would be moving out on July 1. My landlord proceeded to tell me that I would be responsible for the ENTIRE month of July's rent, even though my 30 day notice would take me to the...

Is it common to have a 2 month notice to vacate on a month to month lease? [ 2 Answers ]

Can my landlord require me to give a 2 months notice to vacate even though my lease is month to month? It was in the lease which was originally a 1 year lease which after the year, change to month to month. I can see giving 60 days with the year lease, but not on a month to month.

View more questions Search